Limited Peace

~Five years later~
I walked in the grand garden, my two little girls followed me.

"Mom, where are we going?"

Eurlasse asked me as she walked ahead. Nostariel held me hand and squeezed it slightly.

"We are going to find Dad, big brother, and little brother."

I answered. Eurlasse turned around and gave me a smile.

"Mama, I love big brother. He is so much fun."

Eurlasse told me, she ran ahead.

"Remember Eurlasse, stay on the path."

I told her. She looked back and nodded her head. She ran ahead letting her blond ehair travel behind her.

"Mommy."

Nostariel cried a bit. I grabbed her and put her to my hip.

"My goodness, you have gotten big!"

I told her, she let out a big smile and threw her hands over her face. She was embarrassed.

"I found them!"

Eurlasse yelled out. I smiled as she came running back towards me. Her pink dress had gotten dirt at the hem. I let Nostariel down, she chased after Eurlasse towards Thranduil and the two brothers. I came around the corner, and saw Thranduil training with Thailon. I smiled, at the sight. Thailon was only five years old and Thranduil was already training him. I looked over at Legolas who was playing with the girls. He pulled off two beautiful red roses and handed one to each of them.

"I hope you know, my King, it is lunch time."

I told him. Thranduil looked up at me and a large smile crossed his face. Thailon let out a small battle cry and swung the wooden sword at Thranduil's leg. This caused Thranduil to let out a small shout. He then fell down.

"No, don't kill me!"

He cried as he reached up into the air. He then closed his eyes and acted dead. Thailon turned around and gave me a small smile.

"Daddy dead!"

He shouted, he ran towards me. I caught him and flung him up onto my hip.

"It's time for lunch, little one. Are you hungry?"

I asked Thailon. He smiled at me and nodded his head.

"Fish."

He yelled. I looked over at Thranduil who was getting up. Eurlasse tackled him back to the ground.

"Daddy!"

She yelled, he grabbed her and raised her up. She laughed as she was raised up into the air. He put her back on the ground. He looked over at Nostariel who was shy, she hid behind Legolas. Legolas grabbed Nostariel and put her on top of his shoulders. Thranduil got up and picked Eurlasse up. She crawled onto his back. He ran over to me, as Eurlasse rode on his back.

We walked back to the kingdom. We were to have lunch outside today, since it was perfect out. The maids had given us some fish and rice to eat, for lunch. Thailon loved fish, he never ate any meal without a sliver of fish to his meal. We sat down at the table. Eurlasse sat next to Thranduil, and Thranduil sat next to me. Next to me was Thailon. Next to Thailon was Nostariel and next to Nostariel was Legolas. I looked around the table, one big family. For the first time in many years, i felt at peace. Only that didn't last for long.