G- Great-great-great-grandfathers

G- great-great-great-grandfathers (Jace's one anyway)

To say Alec was surprised to see a random woman sitting on the couch- when Magnus was working all day and couldn't have unlocked the door- was a bit of an understatement. He dropped the keys on the floor, his mouth forming a surprised 'O'.

The woman looked up as the keys clattered on the wood; she had long brown hair in gentle curls, and big grey eyes that dominated her face. (A/N: I'm British and I ain't changing my spelling for you Americans. So there.)

"Hi, I'm Tessa Herondale. This is where Magnus Bane lives, right?"

Alec blinked a few times before nodding. "I...yes." He frowned. "How did you get in?"

Tessa laughed. "Oh, Magnus gave me a key ages ago. I don't know why, we only meet up once or twice a year. And I came today because Jem... Never mind. May I ask who you are?"

"Uh, Alec Lightwood."

"Oh!" Tessa sat upright. "Alexander Gideon? I knew the first Gideon Lightwood, you know. He married Sophie, who I miss fearfully of course."

Alec looked very confused. "How did you know him? He was my great-great-great-great uncle. And... Herondale? Like Jace?"

"I'm a warlock of course! Though, admittedly not a normal one. But he was one of my great friends. And yes, Jonathon is my desendant. I was married to Will. Although you seem to have the Herondale looks more than your friend. But... Cecily, of course." Tessa babbled.

Alec sank into one of the sofas after picking up the keys, feeling giddy. "Wait, Will? You were married to Will? Who was he?" Why does everyone keep saying Magnus was in love with him? He wanted to ask.

"He was the love of my life" the grey eyed woman sighed. "He was a Shadowhunter, he was British, he saved my life loads. I married him, we had children, but he died in 1937. We knew Magnus back then, and he and I have kept up over the years. I used to think Magnus loved Will, but apparently it was no more than a fancy, he only convinced Camille he did because she broke his heart."

A sense of europhia broke out over Alec, revelling in the idea that it was a lie! A part of him registered that she had said 'children' which was of course, impossible, but he was too happy to care.

Tessa checked a pink watch on her left wrist. "Oh, darn, I've got to go. Can you tell Magnus that Jem found a cure, and that he and I are going away for a bit?"

"Uh, yeah." Alec said, still a bit confused. "I'll tell him."

Magnus came home with dinner half an hour later. Alec was sitting on the couch waiting.

"Hi. Um, Tessa asked me to say that Jem found a cure; they're going away together for a while."

Magnus paled minutely. "You met Tessa?"

"Oh yes." Alec said wickedly. "She told me all about Gideon, Will and Cecily." He blushed suddenly. "Sorry for giving you such a hard time about Will. I was being an asshole."

Magnus brightened slightly. "You were jealous." He amended. "It's not your fault I'm so attractive."

Alec rolled his eyes. "Don't make me sorry for apologising Magnus. I had a speech prepared and everything."

"I am fearfully sorry. Please continue."

"Uh, oh yeah, I was being an asshole, and I was also an asshole about Camille, and I'm sorry for that too, and I wanted to say thank you because I'm less of an asshole because of you."

Magnus flushed a happy red. "You are forgiven, unless you say 'asshole' on more time, and then you will be unforgiven."

"Assh-"

Magnus placed his hand over Alec's mouth. "I'm serious." A silent stare-off was building, a tension between the 'if-I-raise-my-hand-will-you-say-asshole' look and the 'if-you-raise-your-hand-I-will-say-asshole'. "Alec," Magnus said. "Just when I thought I knew every part of you, you whip out the ass- the annoying part." Alec's eyes narrowed. Magnus screamed. "GAHH!" He leapt up and away. "You licked me? You licked me!"

"Asshole!" Alec screamed, smiling so that Magnus didn't think he was insulting him.

Magnus suddenly paused and turned to Alec, stunned. "You sneaky bastard." He gasped. "You made me forget to be annoyed about Tessa."

Alec grinned. "By the way, can we not have that hideous cat painting up in the bedroom? It's creepy."

"Hey! I painted that in 1924!" Magnus said indignantly. Alec's eyes widened.

"I, uh, it's not that creepy, or hideous, uh..."

Magnus laughed. "I'm joking! But I did do some painting for a while. I wasn't very good." He looked at Alec expectantly.

"I'm sure you were great." He told his boyfriend. (He was sure that he wasn't, but manners and a desire not to be turned into a squirrel monkey led him to say otherwise." The corner of his mouth twitched. In his own way, Magnus was trying to say sorry too, he was trying to open up, correct his mistakes. "I love you." The words burst out of his mouth before he could suppress them.

"I love you, my dear, but you are not forgiven for the licking. Ever."

~

Yeah, sorry for this one being so short... I didn't have much inspiration.

Squirrel monkeys are cool.

I thought this had a cute ending, but I'm bias.

CoA has been postponed, hmm I think this is probably a good thing; our film will be made better and it won't be rushed. I hope.

FUN FACT: Loki is the coolest Avenger without being in the Avengers (In my opinion). Who do you guys like?

Vote and Comment!

HolyHephaestus

X