Chapter 7

Phil and Pj enter woodshop, approaching Dan optimistically. "Hi. How ya doin'?" Phil asks, "Listen, I..." In response, Dan brandishes a loud power tool and drills a hole in the middle of Phil's French book. Phil looks frightened. "Okay... later then."

     Later that day the two boys stood in the hall as Pj is staring through the new window in Phil's French book. "How do we get him to date Y/N?" He asks handing Phil back his book. "I don't know. I mean, uh, we could pay him. But we don't have any money." "Yeah, well, what we need is a back banker." "What's that?" "Someone with money who's stupid." They both look at each and smirks and walks to the cafeteria.

      Caspar and his buddies sat at a table while Caspar draws a pair of boobs on a cafeteria tray with a magic marker. "Oh yeah!" Pj walks up and sits at the table, casual as can be. "Is that a peach Fruit Roll-Up? 'Cause you don't see many..." he starts to reach for the fruit roll-up but a jock grabs his wrist growling. "...oh, okay. Yeah, Alright." His wrist is released as he withdraws his hand. "Are you lost?" Caspar asks raising an eyebrow. Pj chuckles a bit "No, actually, I just came by to chat." "We don't chat." "Well, actually, I thought that I'd run an idea by you. Just to see if you're interested." "I'm not." "Well, hear me out. Now..." Caspar grabs Pj by the side of the head and proceeds to draw a penis on his cheek with the magic marker. PJ suffers the indignity and speaks undaunted. "You want Zoe, right? But she can't go out with you because her sister is this insane head case and no one will go out with her, right?" "Does this conversation have a purpose?" "What I think you need to do is, you need to hire a guy who'll go out with her. Someone who doesn't scare so easy." Pj points to Dan, who sits with Scurvy. Dan spits a seed from a piece of fruit at his tray. Caspar looks unsure. "That guy? I heard he ate a live duck once." "Everything but the beak and the feet. Clearly, he's a solid investment." Caspar turns to look at Pj. "What's in it for you?" "Hey. I'm walkin' down the hall and say hello to you. You say hello to me." "Yeah yeah. I get it. You're cool by association. I'll think about it." Pj looks pleased and bobs his head as if grooving to the music. "We're done now." "Yeah." He gets up and walks to the back of the room where Phil waits anxiously. "What are you doing getting him involved?" Phil asks upset. "Relax now, relax. We let him pretend he's calling the shots. While he's setting things up, you have time with Zoe." Phil nods thinking over the plan. "That is a good idea." He pats Pj on back and walks out.