II

"ANGELIQUE HURRY UP!!" Jasen yells. "I'm coming." I say back in a monotone voice. Today is Monday. September 1st. First day of school. Sigh.
   I step out of the house and into my brother's car. "Do I have to go?" Ryan complains from the backseat. "Umm yeah. Just like Jasen, Gage, and I do too." I say annoyed.  "Hmmph." Ryan exclaims, crossing her arms. Gage laughs, and tickles Ryan. I roll my eyes, but mostly because Ryan always gets lots of attention. Jasen and I are close, just like Gage and Ryan are. It's mutual.
   We drop Ryan off first at her middle school, and turn the corner to the Westwood. As usual, Jasen parks right in front of the school and I hop out. Seeing Cora, I wave to her. Cora Taylor. The prettiest junior around. Also, Gage's girlfriend.  "Hey Angelique!" She says as she comes over to me. I give her a hug and ask, "How have you been?"
   I haven't seen her in a couple of months. Gage is always going on dates with her, but never at home. He always leaves to see her. "I'm great! Where's Gage?" She asks me. I point at Gage, and she smiles and goes to him. I roll my eyes and smile as I head over to my friends.
   I have a large group of friends. I'll introduce some of my best ones now. There is Sarah Starin, Cam Newburg, Lola Fritz, Margo Gatley, and Blair Fowler.
   "ANGELIQUE!!!!!!!" Lola squeals, hugging me tight. "Hi!" I laugh, and pull her off.
   "Girl how are you? I haven't seen you in the LONGEST TIME! I missed you so much! And how's that hottie of a brother Jasen? I think he-" Margo gets cut off by me, "Margo. I just got here. He's great and I am too." I say pulling her into a hug.
   Blair just smiles. She is extremely quiet, and only talks when necessary.
   Cam walks over to me and whispers in my ear, "Sarah broke up with Mitch." My jaw drops and I whisper back, "Did SHE break up with him?" She nods. I smile and walk over to Sarah."Good for you!" She smiles and says, "After two years, I've had enough." We all laugh and walk into the school, arm in arm.
*******