VII

"YAY WHOLE HOUSE TO OURSELVES!!" Ryan screams as she slides down the railing of the stairs. I laugh and flip the pancakes, shaking my hips to Work from home by Fifth Harmony. House clean, chores done, and nothing left to do other than have fun. "Pancakes are ready!" I yell over the music. She runs in, wearing a pink tutu and her hair in a bun. We have all heard of her dream. She wants to be a ballerina when she gets older. I think it's a cool dream but I like mine better. I want to be a street artist. Painting pretty pictures and having the perfect photo opp. Traveling and art is my life.
   We eat in silence, but as soon as we are done, we pull on our shoes. "Time to go out." I say, turning off the music. "Where are we going?" Ryan asks, grabbing my keys and tossing them to me. "Mall." I reply with a smirk.
   I only have a learners permit. I can't drive without an adult. Being the smart(ish) girl I am, I decide we better walk.
   A few minutes later, we finally arrive. I only brought $30 and Ryan, $15. "So we have $45 combined. Maybe we can buy something big together." She suggests. Sounds good. "How about Lush?" I ask with a grin. She nods and we head to the store. "Mmmm." Ryan and I say in unison. The smell of Lush is perfect.
   We roam the store picking up bath bombs and scrubs along the way. Lush is always interesting with all the scents. Finished, we dump our loot on the checkout counter. The cashier does her magic, and totals us at $30. Not bad. I think as I hand her the money.
   We take our products and leave the store, heading to the food court. "Where do you wanna eat?" I ask Ryan while I look around. "How about Subway?" She asks, and I nod, leading the way.
   We are waiting in line and I look ahead of me. Two people up, I see the back of a head I have seen before. Grayson. I seem to be seeing him everywhere. I continue to watch him as he orders a sandwich, and pay. It's our turn now and Ryan orders a footlong that will soon be shared. "Anything else?" I hear a worker say, breaking my stare at Grayson. "No thank you." I reply, handing her the cash. Ryan grabs the food and we find a place to eat. I am careful to choose a spot where I can spy on Grayson and not be seen at the same time.
  We sit and I feel Ryan following my gaze. "Ooo he's cute. What's his name?" She asks, raising her eyebrows. I smile and look at her, "He's just a friend." I say, choosing my words thoughtfully. "Right. JUST a friend." She says sarcastically. "Yeah. Just a friend." I say, mocking her tone.
   We leave the mall soon after, and when we get home, I find that it's already 3:20. It's been a long day so far, and my family hasn't even come home yet. I figured that before they do, I had better take a nap.
*****