XIX

A/N: Hey sorry it's been a while since I updated. Summer's here and I'm really excited!! After this I'll write on plane rides so you can have a couple chapters to look forward to.

  Bryce jumps down the stairs and races over to me, holding something. "Babe look! I got us Beyoncé tickets!!" I stare down at them and crack a smile. "Dude that's amazing!" I exclaim and wrap my arms around him for a quick second.

   "When is the concert?" I ask and Bryce replies with a smirk, "Tonight." My mouth falls open and I check the time. 5:34. Then I check the tickets. 6:30.

   I run to our bedroom and shift my way through the closet. Outfit after outfit, clothes fly out onto the floor behind me. At last, I pick out the perfect dress. It's a black skater dress with an open back. Then I dig through my shoes and find cute black Mary Jane heels.

I throw on the outfit and curl my hair. Then I do my regular make up and finish with a bright red lip. Checking the time, I see that it took me 30 minutes. 6:01. "Babe cmon!" I shout as I walk down the stairs. Bryce is already there and he turns around and looks at me. "Wow. You look hot." He smiles. I laugh and grab my red clutch. "Thanks. You don't look too bad yourself."

We hop into Bryce's car and head toward the venue. "Why are we going anyway? Like, why did you buy them?" I ask. Bryce smiles. "Well you need a pick-me-up, and it's also the anniversary of when we first met." I bite my lip and smile. "Thanks." I say and take his hand. "No problem, love."

Parking is horrendous. There are NO spots. We have to wait while someone leaves to take their spot. And even that is far away from the stage.

We walk and talk, and it's not too bad. We get there in a flash and soon find ourselves handing the tickets to the ticket guy.

It's loud. There are so many people and it's only 6:18. Flashing lights of all colors dance around the crowd. There are big beach balls being thrown around as Bryce and I head to our spots. I'm amazed at how close we are. 3rd row back is hard to get.

The fans scream as Beyoncé comes out, announcing her first song. The concert goes quick, and I sing along to most of the songs. Bryce is always right next to me, also singing. It was the best concert of my life, and I've been to many.

Soon enough it's over. I check the time. 8:23. Getting to the car would be hard; but getting through the crowd will be harder. We push our way through and finally make it to the car 10 minutes later. "Wow." Is all I can say when we get inside the car. "That. Was. AMAZING!!" I exclaim and Bryce laughs. "Yeah it really was." He says and makes his way out of the lot. "Im hungry." I say and Bryce nods, "Me too."

He finally exits the parking lot and finds a way to In-N-Out. As we drive there, Bryce seems nervous. His fingers tap on the steering wheel too fast and his eyes shift across the road rapidly. I take his free hand and frown at him. "What's wrong?" I ask and he just shakes his head. We pull into the parking lot and I decide not to push it. He looks really stressed all of a sudden.

I get out of the car and rush to the other side of the car, getting there just as Bryce steps out. I take his face in my hands and kiss him. He is taken by surprise but he reacts quickly. He pushes hard, and moves his hands down my back. It's my turn to be surprised. I pull away and take his hand, leading us into the restaurant.

We order food and wait for it at our table. "Angelique-- I..." He starts to say and I look at him intensely. He gets cut off by our number being called. "453!" I rush up to get it before Bryce can and take the food, smiling at the giver.

I take the food back to our table and put it on the seat next to me, not giving it to him. "Hey!" He says and tries to grab it. I swat his hand away and ask again, "What's wrong? You can tell me. It's JUST me." He sighs and stands up. I put the food back on the table and watch him. He comes over by me and I stand up. I'm confused as he lowers himself.

My hands rise to my mouth and my eyes swell with tears. "Angelique will you ma-" he gets cut off by smashing glass. "HANDS UP!" We hear and I turn around, my hands raised. I feel Bryce get up slowly, his hands raised as well. There is a guy standing there, with a shotgun. He has a mask over his face, and aims the gun at people closest to him, including me and Bryce.

Gunshots. I hear 3. I see 3 people fall the the ground. 3 pools of hot blood form, like a red pond. My ears ring and I start to shake. "WHOEVER DOESNT HAVE THEIR HANDS UP WILL DIE!" The gunman says and someone lets out a yelp. They get shot. I close my eyes and tears stream down my face.

Someone must have called the cops because I hear sirens getting closer and closer. I pray that they get here before any more people die.

BOOM! I hear and my side has an instant pain. It's unbearable. I feel myself fall to the floor and my face lands in a thick and wet liquid.

*****