VIII

I'm running to him. I hear my name in the trees as he shouts it. "ANGELIQUE!" He yells. "IM COMING!" I shout back, tears sliding down my face.
   Soon enough, I feel my mouth full of dirt after tripping on a log. "Aaah." I scream, holding my leg in pain. But I can't stop now. "Angelique!" I hear again, energizing me. I force myself to stand up and fight the pain. Run. I think to myself, knowing I have to save him.
   I run for what seems like hours, trying to get to him. Until I do. There he is, sitting on the ground. "Angelique." He says, his voice deeper than usual. "I'm so glad I found you. I don't know what I would have done." I say, running up to him. He stands up, and catches me in a hug. I look up and feel hot lips on mine. Tears from his face are dripping on mine as we kiss.
   Click. I hear from behind me, causing me to freeze. He pulls away from me and tries to block me from what's behind my back. "You must leave here." He says behind me. I slowly turn around, and face what's happening. My mouth forms into an O at his bravery. There is Bryce, standing there with a loaded gun, pointing it at him. "Why don't you hand over the girl, and then I'll leave." Bryce says, looking past him and straight at me. "I'm afraid I can't do that." He says, and BOOM!
   The gunshot.
   It seems to go in slow motion; the bullet leaving the gun and flying in the air. Blood slaps onto my face as the bullet finds its target. "GRAYSON!" I scream, and catch him. "NO!" I yell again, tears streaming down my face. "No." I say quietly, holding his face.
   With whatever life he has left, he reaches up and grasps my hand. He writes in his own blood on my arm.
   I love you.
   *****