XVI

"Babe!" I hear from the living room. I roll my eyes and smile as I walk out of the bedroom. "Yes?" I ask Bryce, approaching the couch. "Come cuddle with me." He says, and pats the seat next to him. I have nothing to do but I say sarcastically and lying, "No I have to go finish stuff in the room." He groans and grabs my arm as I start to head out.

   I giggle as I feel myself being pulled back, and Bryce shifts so he's lying down. He lies me down next to him and clicks on the tv. Glancing at the show, I see it's The Amazing World of Gumball. "You child." I say, turning my head to look at Bryce. "Yes I am. And I am a child with you right beside me." He exclaims and wraps his arms around my torso. I smile a dimpled smile and tangle our legs comfortably.

   As soon as we get comfy, the phone rings. Bryce groans as I get up, trying to answer the phone. "Hello?" I ask into the phone and hear a voice answer back. We talk for a while and soon enough Bryce comes and stands behind me, his hands on my hips. I bite my lip and hang up the phone, indicating the conversation was over. "Who was that and what did they want?" Bryce asks with a worried look on his face. "It was some hospital. My mom's in there. They found stage 4 cancer and they can't treat it." I say in shock.

   Immediately Bryce reacts. He turns me around and smothers me in a hug. The tears stream out of my eyes uncontrollably and stain his shirt. "Shh shh." I hear from him and he strokes my hair. I feel his lips on the top of my head and I pull away. As soon as I look up, he takes my face in his large warm hands and wipes away tears with his thumbs. "We should fly out to Lakeport." I say solemnly and he nods.

   We start packing immediately, never leaving each other's side unless necessary. We half pack, half hug throughout the whole process. When we finally finish, I quickly grab my laptop and book a flight the next day to Lakeport.

   The rest of the day was spent cuddling on the couch and I felt absentmindedly better, enjoying the time I had with my boyfriend. "Babe." Bryce murmured and I glanced at him. "Yeah?" I ask and he takes my face in his hands. "No matter what happens; I love you. I love you more than you imagine and I love you literally forever."

   I smile and take on of his hands from my face, holding it in my own. "I love you too." I say strongly, meaning it.

   He smiles and leans in for a kiss. It's just a peck; playful. When he pulls away I scoff, giving him a dimpled smile. "You call that a kiss?"

   He reacts by pushing his lips onto mine and deepening it almost immediately. I am surprised but I don't hesitate. I kiss back with force and he continues aggressively; moving his mouth with mine and tilting my head for better access. He softens the kiss a little and I feel his hands roam my body. His hands slip into the back pockets of my denim shorts and I smile onto his lips. My hands remain on the back of his neck when I finally pull away.

   "Better?" He asks, hands still in my pockets. "Better." I reply, and peck him on the lips.

*****

We get to Lakeport and Über to our hotel. I made sure to pick the best hotel in Lakeport so we would have a good stay. I sigh and take Bryce's hand, walking into the hotel. The place, of course, is breathtaking. It has a huge cat walk balcony over the lobby, where the rooms are. There are beautiful couches and chairs in the lobby and I know the room will be spectacular.

Bryce checks us in as I look around, amused by the decor. "Come on." I hear, and I follow right behind Bryce. We step into an elevator and he taps the button for floor 23. Top floor. "Wow. We are going to have a great view!" I exclaim and he nods, taking my hand.

   When I step into the room, my mouth drops. It is beautiful with a king sized bed and a cute kitchen. I race to the window and find the view absolutely incredible. I can see all of Lakeport. The Hill, the mall, the small neighborhood, the high school. Everything.

   I feel Bryce come up behind me and he places his hands on my hips. "It's amazing. I can see my whole childhood town from here. It seems so weird. The people are different them how they were when we were kids. It's so different here than in LA. The buildings are bigger there, and so are the people and egos and houses and streets and LA is just huge compared to here." He says and I laugh in agreement.

There is a knock at the door and Bryce goes to check who it is. "Hello." I hear a familiar voice. Puzzled, I turn my body to face the door. "Grayson?" I ask and speed walk to the door. "Angelique hey!" He says and my eyes widen. "What are you doing here?" I ask and Bryce backs off, going to unpack. He never did like Grayson and I roll my eyes at the thought. "I still live here." He chuckles and calls back "Thomas!" I smile as Thomas, his boyfriend comes into view. "Hey bitch!" He says, and pulls me into a tight hug. "Hi how have you been?" I ask and he just gives me a thumbs us sign. "So are you going to let us in or just stare like we are animals in a zoo?" Thomas asks and I turn my body and wave them in, bowing as they pass.

   We all talk for a while as the time passes. Soon enough, it's dark and they must go. Bryce and I have to get up early to go visit my mom so we had to go to bed.

   As soon as they leave, I hop in the shower and put on my pajamas. When I exit the bathroom, Bryce is already in the bed, looking at me and waiting for me to come to bed. I smile and pull back the covers.

   Tomorrow will be the worst.
*****