IV

"Angelique! Over here!" Jasen waves me over to his car, and Waverly is in the front. Jasen's girlfriend. She is really cool, and has short black hair that is always curled. Short and petite, she sure is feisty. "Hey hun." She says as I get in the car. Guess who else is in the backseat? Bryce Alder. "Hey sweetheart." He says, looking at my chest. What? I said he was hot, not polite. I roll my eyes and punch him in the arm. "Where's Gage and Ryan?" I ask to nobody in particular. "Bus." Waverly said abruptly. "Where are we going?" I ask as we pass the street to our house. "Mall." Bryce says unamused. "Why are we going to the mall?" I ask. "Picking up the shoes I ordered." Jasen exclaims excitedly. I roll my eyes and push the window button down. "Hey baby why don't you come over here and give me a kiss." Bryce said, gripping my thigh. I slap his hand, and blow him a kiss, making a dramatic scene. Jasen looks in the rear view mirror and laughs.
   Bryce has been Gage's best friend since first grade, and is basically a part of the family. He always knew that he had looks, and always tried to be a jerk. He's like a brother to me. Just an attractive one.
   We pull into the mall parking lot, park the car, and hurry into the mall. "I'm going to get my belly button pierced while you go get your shoes."
I say mocking Jasen's moderate lifestyle. "No you're not." He says, taking my arm and pulling me into the shop. I laugh and sit on a bench while Jasen gets the shoes.
   Soon I'm joined by Bryce who wraps an arm around my shoulder. "How about you and me get outta here." He whispers into my hair. I laugh and Waverly pulls him off of me, rolling her eyes. Looking around the store, I see a familiar face. Grayson. What was he doing here? I strut over to him, and he smiles at me. "What are you doing here?" I ask him, while glancing at the shoes he's looking at. "I'm trying to decide between these Nike or Adidas shoes. I just don't know what to pick. Help me?" He asks with a smile. "Hmm. I suggest these beautiful black and white Nike shoes. Made high quality and with care. Sure to be perfect while going on a run." I say sarcastically, pretending to be like a saleswoman. "Well if you insist..." He says carefully, pulling the shoes off the rack. I laugh. He laughs. It's perfect. He puts the shoes on the counter and buys them, fumbling with his keys the whole time. I stand next to him, and watch the cashier. It's kind of interesting to watch actually. Seeing their expertise in the way they move. "Angelique!" I hear Bryce calling me, suggesting we should go. "Um I have to go now.." I say to Grayson as he takes his shoes. "Yeah me too. See you at school?" I nod and head out of the store.
*****