Hot Shot and A Mile Away

I was having a dream a very strange one. There I was at work when all of a sudden that same afro headed man came up to me and began kissing me. It seemed so real, it felt as if it was actually happening to me. After a while I heard my sister calling me. What does she want can't she see me kissing my mystery man.

"Get up.. Get.....up!" I heard a familiar voice shouted while hitting me with a pillow.

"I'm up, I'm up," I screamed.

"Do you know how long I've been hitting you with that pillow? What were you dreaming about?"

"Nothing ,nothing ,what time is it?"

"5:30 on the dot."

"Crap, crap," I screamed." Why didn't you wake me up?"

I immediately ran to the bathroom. The water was still ice cold since we couldn't afford a heater, but because I had to do it I did. I took an ice cold 2minute shower. 

I then ran to my closet and took out the baggiest Jagger's that I owned and flung them on with an old bad coloured T-shirt. I grabbed my Blue Palace hat. ( Place brand is too expensive, I have to settle for imitations).

There was no time for make up so I just rubbed on some pink lipstick over my lips then it was time to go. I had only 15 minutes left to reach in on time. I told Clarissa bye and told her to give 50 bucks to her sister and the other 50 to herself.

Running was the only choice for me at this moment. I didn't even lock the door behind me but Thank God Clarissa did.

The early bird bus was just about to drive off but then I hand waved to the driver indicating to him that he should stop, and so he did.

I was still so tired, and there were times when I would fall asleep in the bus, but thank Jesus for pot holes, they woke me up.

Eventually, I was at work, up and ready to take orders, mornings were said and done, costume changes were done and now time
To take orders.

Its now approximately 6:10am and the place is ram-stacked. They must be having the early bird special today because I have never seen so many ' early birds'.

"Good morning mam," I greeted  the old lady in the big red hat.

"And a very great morning to you too sugar," she responded. "I'll just have the early bird special."