Chapter 15

Ah by the way, if you're wondering, what Mirayuki wore when she went to the exam, it was the kimono she wore. You know, the clothes she were wearing in the cover. So...yeah. Please enjoy the story😊. EDITED

Mirayuki's POV

My eyes widened at the air ship flying on the sky.

'That's...!'

"That's the Hunter Association symbol!" Someone said. My eyes softened a bit. But I couldn't help but feel tense for some reason.

"Is it someone from the Selection Committee?" I scoffed mentally. Probably. Wait, what's with me? This isn't how I act. Hmm, I'm probably getting tired.

Suddenly, someone jumped off from the air ship and fell to the ground.

I coughed and swatted my hands so that I can see through the dusts. My eyes widening at the sight of someone familiar.

'N-No way...'

"Who the hell is that old geezer?" Someone asked. "The Chairman of the Selection Committee. And he is in charge of the Hunter Exam...Chairman Netero."

"...Isaac-san." I mumbled looking at him.

"Well, I work behind the scenes. I only take action when there's an issue, like now." The Chairman said. "So, Menchi-kun (I don't know XD)." He started. "Yes, sir." I stared at Menchi. She seemed so nervous and serious when she's talking to Isaac-san. Wait- oh right, he's the Chairman.

"You failed all of the applicants, excluding two, because you disapproved of their reluctance" I sweat dropped when I caught Isaac-san looked away from Menchi and eyed her...chest area for a moment "to try new things?" This guy...so the Chairman's a pervert?

"No, Sir..." Hmm, Menchi stuttered? "I lost my cool when one of the candidates insulted Gourmet Hunters. And I made the exam harder than necessary."

"In other words, you're aware that this exam was unacceptable." Isaac-san said. "Yes sir. When cooking is involved, I lose cool. But there are two candidates that actually surpassed my expectations. So I passed them. I'm unqualified to be an examiner." Menchi trailed off. "I will resign as examiner, so please redo the Second Phase!" I sweat dropped. Doesn't she...

"Hmm, but it would be difficult to find another miner on such short notice." Netero stated. Menchi apologized.

"Hmm, I want to meet those two candidates that you found interesting. Do you mind?" Eh? "Ah, no. Then, the two who I passed please come in front."

I looked down as I walked towards the front. I was walking behind Etsuko who held her head high and with confidence. I envy her.

"Ah, so they are the ones huh? Oh? You are?" I squeaked as I felt someone pat my back making me stumble a little. "She's Mirayuki! And I'm Etsuko! Nice to meet you, Chairman-san~" Etsuko said cheerfully.

"Mirayuki?" I stayed quiet. "Do you mind holding your head high. I want to clarify something." I flinched but followed so. A surprised expression came to the Chairman's face when he gazed at my face."You're... " he started but I cut him off.

I bowed surprising the examiners, the Etsuko, and the other applicants

"It's nice to see you again, Chairman Isaac Netero. I'm guessing you already know me, but I'll still introduce myself." I said. It was quiet. I went back up as a genuine smile was tugged on my lips.