Chapter 18

Last time on "My Little Goddess":

'What should I say?'

And so it continues...

Mirayuki's POV

I didn't know what to say, so I decided to just listen first.

"Hmm...They're alive. Probably." I sweat dropped at this. What the?

"What do they do?" Gon asked. "They're assassins."

"Huh? Both of them?/ Really?" Gin and I asked at the same time. We looked at each other before laughing. Killua stared at us, before laughing too. Buy we don't know why.

"That's your first reaction? You really are riot!" He said. "Huh?" I tilted my head to the side.

"You two are the first persons who's ever responded so seriously." Killua laughed. "Well, you're telling the truth right?" Gon asks making Killua stop his fits of laughs.

"What makes you think that?"

"It's just a hunch, really." I said for the brunette. The albino stared at us before looking outside.

"That's weird, people only like me because they can't tell whether I'm serious or not." He said. Gon hummed as I stayed quiet.

"I'm from a family of assassins."
My eyes widened. I mean, of course. This guy could kill me at any time and place. But, knowing Killua, I'm guessing he won't. He's my friend, right?

"So they're all assassins." Ara? How can he say that with such bluntness. (Insert sweat drop) "And my family has, really high hopes for me...But I can't stand it. Who wants to have their life planned out for them?"

"Killua..."

"When I told them I wanted to decide my own future, they all snapped! My mother had tears streaming down her face, as she told me "I have the potential to be a top assassin."

Gon chuckled as I sweat dropped as a weka smile tugged on my lips. "It's natural their kid would go bad. So we ended up arguing. So I stabbed my mother in the face, my brother in the side, and ran away from home."

'What the, this kid's sure something.' I double sweat dropped.

"I'm sure they're out for blood now. But if they find me, I'll send them packing."

Gon was, well his reaction was like this:😓

While mine was like:😅

Suddenly, Killua had this flowery and bubble aura. "When I become a Hunter, I'll start by capturing my family. I'm sure they're worth some hefty bounties ~" I just deadpanned. Like, seriously?😑

"E-Eh? Then, what about you Mirayuki?" That question caught me off guard so I couldn't hide the surprised look on my face. "M-My family?" I asked, making sure. "Yep!"

I stared at the boys before letting out a sigh. Honestly, this is troublesome.

"Well, my parents are--!!"

I didn't continue my statement when I snapped my head towards a very strong bloodlust. I'm pretty sure the boys also felt it because they did what I did.

"Is there something wrong?" We turned to the other side, and saw Isaac-san walking towards us.

I glanced at Killua who was as if glaring at the Chairman. Hmm? What's up with him?

"Ah, Netero-san...did you see anyone, coming from that side?" Gon asked. The Chairman shook his head innocently, adding a "no"

I felt a shiver went down my spine when I felt Killua's glare hardened. What the...?

"You're pretty fast for an old man." I arched a brow. What does his he mean by that? "That little trick? I barely moved." I was now curious.

!!!

The young assassin and the Chairman then had a stare off. I felt so uncomfortable.

"What do you want?" Killua asked which such coldness in his voice. "You don't have anything to do, until the last phase right?" He added.

"No need to be so unkind. I got bored, and was looking for some companions." Isaac-san said. Killua stayed quiet, not convinced. "By the way, I meant to ask you three something. Any thoughts on your first attempt at the Hunter Examination?" The Chairman asked with a smile.

"Un! It was fun! And there hasn't been any of the written exam I was dreading. Hehe." Gon smiled

"I'm disappointed. I expected the exam to be far more harder." Killua stated truthfully. "I assume the next phase will be more entertaining?" He added.

"Well now, I wouldn't know about that." Isaac-san then turns to me. "What about you? Miru-chan?" I almost pouted as the Chairman called me by my Father's name.

"Well, I have to partially agree with Killua and agree with Gon. I guess it wasn't uh...what I was expecting?"

The Chairman chuckled. "Don't worry, don't be shy hoho~"

Almost having enough, Killua yelled. "Let's go, Gon! Mirayuki!"
I turned around started to follow him, but stop when Isaac-san called us

"Now wait just a minute."

I stopped in my tracks and looked over my shoulder.

"Would you care to play a game with me?"

"A game?" Gon repeated. "If you're able to defeat me, I shall let you be Hunters!" Isaac-san said. "Really? I'll play!"

Killua fully turned to Isaac-san. While I was having second thoughts. He is the Chairman, of course it would be difficult. But~ I'm getting bored. And Etsuko is doing god knows what.

"How about it, eh?"

"..."

"Okay! I'm in!"

The Chairman laughed. "Hohoho~ Then, follow me."

Hmm, this will surely be entertaining.

To be continued...