Chapter 18; What have I done?!

Louis’ POV

I ran restlessly around in the forest, a hollow feeling was eating me inside out. I can’t believe I did that to her. If I didn’t get back soon, she would die and then I would die, but I didn’t care about myself right now. I can’t believe I did that to my own mate, my beloved, my soul mate…

Jessie’s POV

All I could feel was a burning heat. All I could see was darkness. All I could hear was summing, like the sound from a broken radio. I couldn’t move. I didn’t know where I was, or what was going on. My mind was blank. I tried to move my hand, but I couldn’t feel it. I gave up and sank deeper into the darkness that surrounded me.

Zayn’s POV

I woke up by something moving underneath my head. I shot up and took in the room. Jessie. My eyes shifted to her, searching for signs of life, but showed nothing. Her cheeks were hollow and her hair was matte and lifeless. She was on the highway to death. I felt my eyes brim with tears as I watched her hands crumble and her waist getting thinner. Tears rolling down my cheeks, just as the door slammed open. I didn’t bother to turn my head as I spoke.

“It’s too late Louis… She’s already too far…” My voice broke at the end, and I buried my head in my hands.

“No… It can’t be…” Louis whispered. “She has to come back to me!” His voice rose at each word.

“It’s too late, mate… I’m sorry” I said silently.

“No! You’re not sorry!” He yelled at me and I raised my head to look at him. His eyes were dull, red and brimmed with tears.

“I’ll leave you with her…” I walked out of the room quickly, and shut the door.

Louis’ POV

I sat down beside her, grabbing her fragile hand in my own. All this was my fault. I had no idea of how to wake her up, and just sat a few minutes, staring at her.

“Jessie… Please, if you can hear me… Please come back to me, I’m so sorry and I miss you! Please don’t leave me!” My voice broke at the end, and I burst out crying.

Suddenly an idea popped into my head. In the fairy tales, a kiss always wakes up the princesses, but only from the right prince. This can be an opportunity to see if I’m her real mate. I rose from the bedside chair and bent over her, placing my lips over her dry ones, in a delicate kiss.

Jessie’s POV

I don’t know for how long I was falling in the darkness, but suddenly all the darkness was replaced by a honey golden glow and a warm wind passed through me, warming me from the inside out. I could see everything, feel everything, hear and smell everything around me. I heard birds chirping, smell flowers and feel a tingling sensation on my lips, sending butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

Louis’ POV

I sat back in my chair, looking for any changes. My hope was high, but I was crash landed after five minutes without change. I flitted out in the hall, almost downstairs, when a piercing scream made the birds outside fly away in panic. All the boys came running out from the living room, as I froze halfway down the stairs. I glanced at them, before running upstairs to Jessie’s room.

The sight was enough to almost make me pass out.

Zayn’s POV

I was downstairs chatting with Liam, when a piercing scream sliced through everything. We ran out in the hall, to see Louis frozen in the stairs, glancing at us, before he ran upstairs with us on his tail.