Street Kingz: Chapter Nine

Ty's POV

I woke up to the sun shining through my blinds and my phone ringing off the hook, groaning I rolled over and reluctantly answered. "Hello?" I said groggily rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

"MICHAEL RAY STEVENSON!" Someone on the other end shouted.

"Mama?" I said sitting bolt upright, oh no shit was ABOUT TO GO DOWN!

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?!"

"Chill mama," I began holding the phone away from my ear, "I'm in Cali."

"CALIFORNIA?! WE DIDN'T LEAVE THERE FOR YOU TO TAKE YA LIL ASS BACK!" She shouted through the phone.

"I know ma, I just needed some time away for a little bit." I said pulling the covers off of me, I swear I could picture my moms pacing the kitchen floor fuming at me.

"Some time? Michael, have you lost your mind? Is it that little girl who has you running around like this?" She said all in one breath.

"No ma," I said pulling out some basketball shorts slipping them on, "she's just as mad as you are that I left."

"Hm, I knew there was a reason I liked her." She smiled through the phone, I think.

"I'll be back before graduation." I knew that was a lie; I probably wasn't ever going back to Atlanta. I hung up from the conversation with my mom after two hours. I walked into the bathroom and did the whole hygiene thing; wash, bathe, etc. I walked into the living and flipped on the TV. As usual, there was nothing on I turned the TV off and hit up my homie Que, I know he's still probably mad at me but I need to talk to him.

I dialed his number and waited for him to answer. Knowing him, he was probably somewhere with Zeni. I swear, they never went nowhere without each other. After the third ring I was ready to hang up when he finally answered.

"Glad you picked up." I said making my way into the kitchen.

"You know how to call people? Well damn, ain't this my lucky day." He said sarcastically.

"How's everything?" I asked pulling out a snack tray.

"You really want me to answer that?" He said, again with sarcasm. -_-

"I didn't say it to hear myself talk." I snapped at him. Que was my homie and all, but this was irritating me.

"O2 made Hakim my partner." He spat into the phone.

"Hakim? Hakim who almost got us shot Hakim?" I asked anger rising in me, what the hell was O2 thinking?

"He has a memory!" Que shrieked into the phone, "I gotta promotion too; you got one too but you went ghost so. ." He trailed off. I knew my leaving would disrupt some thing's but for Que to be paired with Hakim? We hated him, I was almost sure Hakim was the police himself!

"When did this happen?!" I asked drinking some water.

"Bout a week ago." Que said nonchalantly .

"I'll be back soon." I really need to make up my mind.

"Mhm." Que replied then he yawned.

"How's Kemi?" I fought myself as to whether to ask that question or not.

"I guess she's okay, me and the girls ain't been hanging out like that here recently."

"Why?" If everything else failed, you could always find the three of them together.

"Zeni trippin' talkin' bout she needs time apart, she don't know what she want no more. I don't even care anymore to be fahreal." He finished taking a drag off of something.