Prologue

"Who. Who are you?" A frightened voice asked. She just woke up from her deep slumber. At first she thought it was once again a prank from her little brother to annoy her. But the moment she saw a man just across her room, she knew it was something else. He was something else.

She had no idea who this man was and why he suddenly showed up in her room in the middle of the night at an ungodly hour.

It was dark. There were no lights. She lit up a candle but it was no use. She still couldn't see his face.

The shadow took five steps forward. And somehow the temperature dropped. The girl was only wearing a thin, almost see through, nightgown. Even with the help of her robe, she was still freezing.

"Oh. I'm Lucifer."

Those three simple words were enough to erase all the sleepiness in her eyes. Like a bucket of ice cold water was poured on her.

"But please do call me Luke. Lucifer makes me so old." And with that the man disappeared, leaving her sleeping with one eye closed for the rest of the night.

~~~

I want to change the title of this story so bad. From Fly to Jet Black Heart. I think it would suit the story more. But that would mean I need to change its cover. So, what d'you guys think?