Meeting 6: The Dream

~*~

SKY

I hear heartbeats ..

dug dug dug dug

They are slow but soothing sounds that lingers through my ears. But then again, I never minded it.

My feet feel cold yet I don't know why the upper part of my body feels the otherwise.

I slowly opened my eyes, wiping my eyelids with my fingers to make it more easy to visualize where I am. 

Vivid images start to assemble and I was astonished to see trees that are not in their usual colors.

I'm at a park sitting at one of the benches plotted. Trees are lined parallel to each other giving enough space for a pathway at the center. Seemingly, as I focus and set an eye on them, those trees were only covered with hays of snow. My anxiousness faded. Along the side of the pathway lies the benches where I am now. Some covered with thick snow, some weren't. At the end of a pathway is a short bridge and below is a narrow river.

I saw some people but surprisingly they never glanced at me as if they never saw me, or just maybe,  they never care.

Then I looked upon myself. I'm wearing a short skirt and a white blouse with a red ribbon at the neckline similar to what we always wear at school. A somewhat like brown coat just an inch below my knee covers the upper part of my body; a cute stripe red scarf covers my neck and I wore a sock an inch above my thigh and a lose brown boots on my feet. Maybe this is the reason why I feel cold. 

Then I froze. How on Earth could I be sitting on a bench at the center of the park?! The last  time I check I was hugging my teddy bear Kyo when I was going to sleep a while ago. Could it be...

"You're awake." Says a masculine voice beside me.

 After hearing that statement, I trail to where the voice is coming and I became stiff. W-Why is he here? Why is he on my dream?

I figured out that I was only totally dreaming but, how could he be in my dream? The last person I want to see is in my dream?! God, of all people, why can it be him? This is a nightmare! Then I realized that I was merely leaning on a sturdy muscle of his shoulder—my head on his chest. Now I get it why I heard heartbeats. 

My reflexes told me to get up and move away, so did I. I was dumbfounded for a moment. Words won't escape my mouth. 

"What are you doing here?!" I shouted as if I'd seen a ghost.

The only question I want him to answer. I stood up in front of him like an angry cat. I was shocked alright! I never imagined dreaming of him. That is just too gruesome. A week ago he was  laughing at me and now .. this! This is going to be war!

"I'm... I'm sorry to scare you." He stated.

He stood looking straight to me, eyes worried. If this is a dream, shouldn't it be like a blurred face facing to me right now not a very worried, perfectly detailed face? Urgh! 

"This is just a dream. I'll just have to wake up from this nightmare." I kept on saying, eyes closed with palms patting my face, my head's shaking. Still, I couldn't escape from here. 

"Sky." He said. I don't want to face him. It's making my blood rise. God! After he made me like a person to laugh at days ago, he still managed to talk to me? How dare him! If it weren't for my cowardice, I would have punched him there!

"Can't you just disappear?!" 

I finally got the guts to confront him. He had this face different from that of the usual Cloud I always see in school. His face now is really sick worried. Tsk. He's really a great pretender.