Meeting 25: I already made my Promise

~*~

SKY

Today's Monday. Two days had passed and it's as if years. I'm sure mom and dad are very much worried about me. Si Yako, alam kong iyak ng iyak yun. Nakakainis talaga! I felt like I was dumb and worthless for not having the ability to fight back. I hated myself for that!

"I still couldn't get inside you. It's seems you have full control of yourself. Very well, four days is not that long knowing no one knows where we are." He said while I stare at him. 

I'm still wearing that sick dirty uniform I wore two days ago. They only provided me food but nonetheless, demons don't need any essential thing like those of humans. Just the smell of blood soothes them.

"You'll never achieve what your planning to do!" I shouted. No. Good always conquer evil!

"Wanna bet?" He smirked and laugh. That demonic laugh which made my spine run a terror. 

"They will see after me! After you!" I added. Siguro naman hinahanap na ako ng buong Academy ngayon lalong lalo na sila mama.

"Who'll run after me though? That love of yours who's kissing that S rank healer?" Bulls eye! That hit me! Bumabalik na naman yung araw na yun. Yun yung araw na nakita ko siya, silang dalawa.

"..." Hindi ako makasagot sa sinabi niya. He's right. Ayoko ng umasa pa na darating si Cloud. Ayoko ng sumakit na naman ang dibdib ko.

"Oh, I remember..." He paused. "You were crying when I saw you. Could it be..."

"Shut up! You don't know anything!" Nagpupumiglas ako mula sa pagkakatali ng kamay ko pero wala pa rin. Gusto ko siyang suntukin. Gustong-gusto ko siyang tusukan ng tinidor sa mata! Kung sana may kapangyarihan din ako katulad ni Cloud, o ni Ethan, o ni Star o kuya Dew para kumawala dito. Sana nga lang.

"Of course I know! I'm watching you!" I stiffened. Does he mean...

"I had get to you early though before they discover that you're the bearer." Dagdag pa niya. 

Gusto kong umiyak. Pero hindi. Kaylangan kong maging matapang ngayon. Para sa sarili ko. Para sa pamilya ko. Para sa lahat.

AUTHOR

Days have passed but still, even the known healers in the Academy couldn't locate Sky. Her mom and dad were both sick worried. Even her younger sister cries at night realizing she may never come back again. Tomorrow, the moon shall appear before everyone. It doesn't matter what will happen, the problem is the outcome.

Principal Louise had been planning different styles to defeat those demons. Every student trained hard from the remaining days. 

Cloud, without knowing Pale would use him, trained hard to become a lot more stronger. So does everyone.

"Who are you to my cousin Cloud?" A voice from behind him asked. When he'd jerk his head to view who is it, Dew appeared.

"Nothing." He said then continued amplifying his Phoenix.

"I don't see it's nothing." He persisted.

"..." Still, he'd busy himself training.

For Dew, it was never really nothing. Those fatal attacks and skills, Cloud must be really serious.

"I thought you were her boyfriend." Sabi ni Cloud.

"Everybody seems to be saying that. You couldn't be..." He paused and waited for Cloud's reaction.

"I'm not!" He snapped in front of Dew. With that kind of rection, Dew knew.

"You can't deny it with that face Cloud." He grinned. 

"I said I am not inlove with her!" He shouted.

"Who said so eh? Don't be so defensive!" He laughed but Cloud gripped his collar that made him step back. Everyone eyed them. They're at the center of the training grounds.

"I said I don't." Cloud said seriously while he stares at Dew. Dew stared back.

"We're both guys you know. I know what you feel. I'm her cousin too afterall, I worry." Dahil sa sinabi ni Dew, binitawan na ni Cloud ang damit niya.

"Judging by your attitude, you don't go well, do you?" Dew asked.

"No. We're shouting frequently and she's noisy." Cloud walked to the benches. Dew followed.

Dew sat a meter from him.

"That's her own way." Dew said.

"Own way of what?" Cloud's curiousity boomed.

"She's persistent, irritating and troublesome. But then again, it's her way of making people feel comfortable." He paused and thought of something and smiled.

"She's noisy too and you'll love her for that!"

Napayuko na lamang si Cloud. He's right. Noong una pa man gumaan na ang loob ni Cloud sa kanya kahit na mukhang bago pa lang silang nagkakilala.

"I missed her even more." Dew said then sighed. "You must save her Cloud. Let's promise to save her."

"Tss. I don't take orders from you. I'll save her myself." Sabi ni Cloud.

"Then you like her?" Dew asked.

"No... I... I... she's important." Cloud answered. He can't say it. No. He's still doubtful and he still love Sam.

"I may have married her if she wasn't my cousin, you know." Dew smiled. Cloud crumpled his fists. Imagining Sky with another guy just like Sam did, no.

"I wouldn't let her be with another guy whether she likes it or not." Cloud stood, his hands on his pocket.

"Yeah. You're liking her already, I know. Just take your time you know. I was just joking!" Dew laugh hysterically which caused Cloud to stare at him.

"I like Star more." Cloud was shock. Hearing it from a man who likes his cousin?!

"Then, let's prove to ourselves that we can protect them both. So, you have to prove yourself to me and I'd prove myself to you." Dew said and smirked then stood up to proceed to his own training. Just as he passed the side of Cloud...

"Fair enough." 

Cloud took his challenge.