Meeting 24: The Bearer

~*~

SKY

I woke up with my head heavy. Where am I? I'd ask myself.

Surroundings lit by only candle sticks, dim light hovered around the room. I was about to move when I noticed that my hands were tied to the edge of the bed. 

I flinch. Where the hell am I?! Panic rose to me. No, there's no way!

"So, you're awake." A male voice behind the shadow of the dimmed room said. Still, I can't visualize him.

"Anong ginawa niyo sa akin?!" Sigaw ko sa kanya.

"Relax, okay?" He said then moved closer.

"P-Pale." 

"Miss Bearer." He produced a demonic grin.

"Nagkakamali ka! Hindi ako ang bearer!" Nagpupumiglas na ako sa kama. Kailangan kong makaalis dito!

"Yes you are! You're Sky, right?" He leaned closer. Almost close enough that I could smell him. Roses, red dead roses.

I felt my body become numb. I'm not the bearer. Raven's the bearer!

"A person who's able to manipulate dimensions. A person who can easily go in and out of it, that's your ability. Your natural ability." He said.

I struggled hard just to keep him away from me. He stood back and laughed.

"I can't do that! Nanggagamot lang ako!" 

"You may not have noticed it, but you're unconsciously being a bearer." He sat down on the corner of the bed and stared at me. This time, seriously.

"Years ago, you saved a lady from a dimension she's trap on. Weeks ago, a lady trap in a dimension by a vampire. You manipulate dimensions for the soul to pass through, isn't that amazing?" 

"I was using spells to get them through!" I said.

"No you're not. No spells can let that happen. It's the natural ability of a bearer to pass through easily and make someone pass too." 

"But I read a book having the exact spell for it!" It was totally the same instance!

"Let me guess, it's a book found at the library, eh?" He smiled and laugh as if I've said something funny.

"You're totally behind all of that, are you?" 

"Of co—" 

"You monster! You almost killed someone yet you're laughing!" Sinigawan ko siya. Hindi ko mapigilan ang galit ko. Muntik na niyang mapatay si Rae at si Star tapos nakakatawa pa siya?!

"I was finding you, you know." I shot him a stare.

"Well, that can't be helped." He stood up with his long hair just below his ear. A black hood was undone which showed his gray hair. He seems to look just like Cloud, but this time, older and... deadly.

"Anyway, you will be here until the autumn moon will appear." Sabi niya. So, am I really the bearer?!

"What are you going to do with me?" I asked sheepishly.

"Well, I'll just have to borrow your body to get out of this dimension and transfer to Cloud's body. And you're gonna be stuck right here. I'm brilliant, right?" At tumawa na naman siya.

He walked towards the door and sprang it shut. I thought of shouting but it's impossible to do that. I believe we're in another dimension right now. Pale's dimension.

"Cloud..." Hindi ko maisip kung paano sila tutulungan. Ako ang magiging dahilan ng pagkasira. I'm the bearer of all of this. Dahil sa akin mapapahamak silang lahat. I can't let that happen.

CLOUD

"What do you mean by where is she?! Diba ikaw ang parati niyang kasama?!" Napatayo ako at napasigaw kay Dew. What does he mean na nawawala si Sky? The hell! I would kill anybody who'll—Urggggh.

"For Pete's sake I'm also worried! I'm her cousin!"  Napatayo na din siya sa kinauupuan niya.

For a moment, I thought I heard it wrong. They're cousins?! How on Earth did I get at ease with her cousin! Urrrrrgh. I thought they're lovers.

"Enough." Pagputol sa amin ni mama. 

"Pale sent me a letter..." Then she handed us a newly opened letter with a seal above it.

"A-a-ate..." Sabi ni Star na halatang nagpipigil ng luha.

There. It was written that Pale now had the bearer.

And it wasn't Raven who isn't beside me, but Sky.

"Papatayin ko siya pag may nangyaring masama kay—Urrrggggh F***!" Naikuyom ko ang kamay ko. I would definitely make him pay for this!

Dew was left dumfounded. Processing everything then sturdy as he is, said: I'll kill him. I'll definitely kill him if something bad happens to Sky.

"By this time, they might be in another dimension." Sabi ni mama na nakahalumbaba.

"I'm sorry. It's all my fault. Hindi ko po sinabing iniligtas ako ni Sky noon. She did. When I was trapped in another dimension." She cried and I almost held my hand to comfort her but Ethan did it. I remembered her as my little sister years ago.

"She... what?" I asked in disbelief.

"It was just an experiment of mine kasama ng mga classmates ko noon para na rin maka-advance ng level. I tried a spell na nakita ko sa isang libro pero I failed and was stuck into an abstract na dimension na iba't iba ang kulay. I felt helpless and tried everything I know to get put of there pero nabigo ako. Mabuti nalang at may tumulong sa akin at si Sky yun. She easily got me out of there. Ewan ko kung anong ginawa pero napansin ko nalang na nabalik na ako sa dimensyon natin matapos niyang sabihin na bumalik na raw kami—"

"THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?!" I shouted, enraged.

"Cloud, ano ba?!" Ethan defended her. Raven felt silent. Napayuko na lamang siya at mahinang umiiyak.

"B-Because... I wanted to be with you." She said while crying.

"Enough! Hindi ito ang panahon para magsisihan!" Sabi ni mama. Nag-igting ang bagang ko.

"Tita, ano na pong gagawin natin?" Tanong ni Star na nag-aalala.

"We have to be ready. Kung nasa kanya na nga si Sky, he can move through her body and return to this world. By that time, maaari na siyang lumipat sa ibang katawan na mas malakas pa kay Sky. We cannot let that happen." Sabi niya. 

I can't let that happen. I can't let him hurt her. No. 

"Where are you going?" Tanong ni mommy sakin. Tumayo na kase ako at tumalikod sa lahat papuntang pintuan.

"Somewhere without anything that might burn." 

"Okay." Sabi niya. She knows what I'm capable of. "I'll be informing her parents on what had happened and take full responsibility." After hearing her words, I walked straight pass the hallway and to the field. 

I stopped after I'd realized that this was the last place we've been. And it was just only last night. Fuck!

"How could I let him take you?! Fuck!" I cursed and shouted. 

"How could I never noticed who was the real bearer! How could I set aside the fact that you were a healer too! Urrrrrgh!" I grunted then threw big fireballs everywhere. Why am I the stupid person now! I should have protected you! God damn it! I know this isn't the usual me, but, peste! Kakausap lang namin kagabi, and here I was. Pinapag-alala na naman niya ang lahat ng tao sa paligid niya. Humanda siya!

"I'll get you from him Sky. I will. I promise." Then I went into the training grounds and started to train harder. I will make him pay. And you too, you stupid lady!