Chapther Five

Her dad was watching TV like he always did after work.
"Hey, how was school?" He asked. She just sat there gaping at him. "What's wrong?"
"Daddy...?" Lila ran to him and gave him a hug, sobbing. "I thought you were gone forever...."
"Gone forever? What do you mean? I just went to work like usual. Did you really miss me that much?"
"Yes, I missed you so much." Lila sobbed. "I love you."
"Love you too. Now, what's the matter? Come on, no need to cry."
When Lila opened her eyes and looked up, she was in her room.
"Huh? When did I get here?" Remembering about her dad, she rushed out of her room to find him. "Dad?"
"Your father will be back later, he went to work. Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?" Lila's mom asked. Lila was confused.
"But, he was just here. I was talking to him a second ago."
Lila's mom gave her a puzzled look. "Are you sure you weren't just dreaming?"
"That's probably it...."
As Lila finished getting ready for school she thought about her so called dream.
She day dreamed all day, school went by fast. It was already 5th period.
"Lila Artemis, please take your things and come to the office. Your mother is here to pick you up." The intercom announced.
She quickly grabbed her stuff and didn't answer all her friends questions about why she was leaving, kids were calling "lucky" to her as she left. Lila had a bad feeling.
When she got to the office her mother was sitting down, her face tear stricken and tired.
"Mom, what's wrong?" Lila questioned worriedly.
"I'll tell you when we get home." Lila's mom didn't say anything more and Lila didn't press. She was so worried, what could have happened? Where's dad?
Soon they arrived at their house and Lila's mom sat there.
"Your father's been in a accident." Lila's head was spinning. What did she just hear? Didn't she just get him back? She was so confused. " It was a work accident, he...." She paused trying to hold in her tears. "He was hit by a out of control car. He went to the hospital, but he was.... Gone in minutes. He lost so much blood...." She couldn't hold back the tears anymore. He voice filled with sobs and whimpering as she finished. "He said something right before dying, he said "Where's my family?" Why did this happen?" Crying loudly Lila's mom quickly ran in the house. Lila sat there shocked, she knew this happened before, but still she hoped it was just a hellish nightmare.
Soon Lila noticed the world shaking, everything was vibrating and getting darker. What's happening? This didn't happen before? Everything went black and when she opened her eyes she was back in the forest that Leo and her fell asleep. "What? What happened?" Lila thought, looking around and noticing Leo's worried look.
"Are you okay." Leo asked.