eight

Time seemed to move slowly as Harry laid in bed. And it moved at a snails pace as Niall gushed out his date with Anna, or Dr. Farley. He wasn't sure what to call her now.

Something inside him hurt when Niall spoke of her touch, and how he kissed her at her doorstep. Harry hated the image that burned behind his eyelids. He could picture his best friend's arms wrapped around a woman he had no claim on. In fact, he had claim on another woman, a witch, by the name of Charlotte.

He hated that woman with a burning passion. The guilt other people would feel for cheating on their significant other would wash away at the thought of her. She was a liar. She was manipulative, but he was a coward for not ending it.

He could lie down in his hospital bed and forget about it all. He could picture Dr. Farley laying next to him, touching him. All these fantasies swirled in his thoughts. Harry couldn't control the connection he felt. It was a pull, a tug, something he couldn't ignore. He's never felt so attached to someone he didn't know before.

The devil herself walked into the room, just minutes after Niall left. She looked anxious and nervous as she smiled at him. Her glistening teeth caused air to escape from Harry's lungs.

"Good morning Harry." For some reason Anna didn't feel a need to call him Mr. Styles anymore.

"Good morning Dr. Farley." And for some reason, she felt hurt that he didn't call her Anna. Maybe he didn't know her name.

Anna skimmed through the charts. He was recovering fine. The casts would come off in just two more weeks and he'd be able to go home in one. His blood levels were normal, his heart rate steady, his wounds dressed a couple hours earlier. She truly had no reason to be here. Harry started to notice the habit a few days before.

"The nurse already dressed my wounds," Harry spoke. His voice was slow, and always had a hint of expression that you could never grasp. It was like tasting food blindfolded and trying to pick out the secret ingredient.

"I know."

"And they already gave me my breakfast."

"I know."

"She checked my vitals, my heart rate, and my blood pressure."

"I have the chart, Harry." It was the second time she called him by his first name. It was also the second time he felt the need to grip onto the cotton blanket that covered him.

His knuckles ached at the amount of pressure he squeezed into the fabric. When he first woke up he thought it was smooth and comfortable, but now it traps him in his hospital room. "So why are you here?"

"Why do you always ask me that?"

"Because I always wonder, Dr Farley." She rolled her eyes at his words. Like every conversation with Harry, it goes nowhere. It's frustrating and intriguing all at the same time.

"How's your fiance?" She had no clue why she said that. Anna almost bolted for the door.

"She doesn't matter."

"She would. She's your fiance." They were welcomed with a silence. It stretched throughout the room and hit both of them like a freight train.

"Sometimes..." Harry paused. His eyes ghosted over Dr. Farley's lips, they were plump. Her eyes glistened under the harsh hospital light. Her stance was sharp, so was her features, but something about her aura was so.. Harry was always at a lost for words when he tried to wrap his head around her description.

Anna sat on the bed, unlike other days she was closer to him. Her bum sat at his hip, and there was a slight lean to her body. Her ponytail danced on her shoulder and her bottom lip quickly slid in and out of her teeth. "Sometimes you what?" The room was spinning as she looked into his eyes. Like his voice, there was an inch of something, but besides that inch, they looked cold and stern. They completely contrasted from the rapid movement of his chest.

"Sometimes things aren't what they seem."

Dr. Farley nodded her head, "And sometimes things are exactly what they seem."

"You don't know anything, Dr. Farley."

"I never claimed I did." Both of them didn't realize how close they had gotten. If she slide over twice more she'd be in his lap. If he followed his fantasies and picked her up by the waist she'd be in his arms.
Both stayed completely still.

"Why don't you call me by my first name?" The question she asked baffled Harry.

"It's unprofessional."

"Not to me. Your patients should feel comfortable with you. They should trust you with all their heart because in some cases their lives are in your hands. And by calling me Anna not only do they feel better, so do I." I'm also not my mother. That was a part she purposely left out.

"You're a good doctor."

"I never asked for your admiration." Harry laughed at her words. This woman was a piece of work. He gave her an inch she'd run a mile away, he'd be cold, and she'd run some more.

She moved up the bed again, she didn't even notice. Harry did. His hands brushed past hers on purpose, sparks danced along their skin. Anna felt the need to bolt out of the room, Harry grabbed her arm before she did.

"There's something different about you." He whispered. Their eyes were locked and their souls screamed to be connected. They were two sides of a Twix, they were grapes from a vine, they were the front and back slice of a loaf of bread. Everything about them made sense but yet they were different.

"I should go." Her hands reached for her chart, but Harry tugged her back once more.

"I don't know what you want me to say." He meant that. He wanted this girl. He wanted her so bad he might go crazy, but for the first time in his life he was lost. Harry was already changing.

She slipped from his grip, she walked quickly to the door. Her hands were shaking. "I'm going out with Niall again tonight, and you have a fiance."

The message was clear to Harry. It stung his chest. It was the third time he gripped the cotton blanket, but this time for a different reason.

III
1. how is my third person writing. i am so new at this i hope i am doing okay
2. i want their relationship to be slow. with their personailities it would be impossible for them to jump into this so fast. and i want this book to be longer.
3. what are you guys thinking so far about it all. anything i could change? anything you want to see? i love suggestions and i make sure to do as much as I can!

the more you comment the faster i update!