sarcasm

"Hello. Teen Help Service. Who is this?" he asks.

"Amy. You've talked to me before."

"Oh, hi Amy," he replies, as I hear the recognition in his voice.

Maybe he remembers me as the girl who wants a reason to live.

Or maybe he doesn't really remember me. Because no one does. Maybe only the name "Amy" seems familiar.

"Hey."

"How are you?" Kyle asks sympathetically.

"What do you think?" Is he stupid? I'm beginning to think so. And I'm beginning to understand that term too.

"Sad?" he says, as I hear the pity in his words. Pity, pity, pity. I don't say a word, but I hate pity.

"Yeah," I sigh. "As always, I guess."

"Oh okay. How can I cheer you up?" he suggests cheerfully. "I guess this is why I'm here for anyways... So I might as well do what I'm supposed to do."

He laughs.

I don't.

"Nothing cheers me up, Kyle," I yawn. I'm exhausted.

"Why'd you call then?" Kyle says, exasperation hinting on the edge of his voice.

"Felt like it, I guess."

The real reason was there was no one else to call at all. And I just couldn't really stand being alone.

"Is that a reason?"

"No."

"Jesus.... Do you think I have nothing else to do?"

"Yeah."

"Well I have a life too," he says.

"Really? Good to know," I say sarcastically. "I really thought you didn't."

"Meanie."

"Sorry?" I scoff.

"You're not."

"I know. It's called sarcasm. Heard of it?"

"I'm not stupid," he says.

"You're not?" I say, rolling my eyes. "You sure appear to be."

"Thanks... So complimented."

"Liar. Insulting you is fun, by the way!" I comment. I fidget with my worn-down nails, and pick off the remains of black nail-polish.

For some reason, I feel slightly cheered up. I don't know why, but I do.

"Yup."

"I'm tired. Bye," I suddenly say.

"Bye. Amy."

I end the call and go to bed.

Author's Note:

Vote, comment and share! Look for an update between 5:45 and 6:00 my time (HK) tmr! Love you guys,

xxx

dreamer :)