The New Girl

"Pumped for school, homu?" Jakob asked. Summer Holidays were over. I guess it's back to school. I can't wait to get my new timetable, and... Oh, I should probably introduce myself. My name is Jamie Begley. I'm a year 9 student at Kambah High school, in Canberra. I'm 14 and really tall for my age. I have long blond hair and kind of skinny. I'm more of the 'sit-back-and-mind-my-own-buisness-and-watch-the-world-go-by' kinds of people.

"Yeah, homu. Totally psyched. Do you think Finn cut his hair over the holidays?" I said back.

"I highly doubt it." Jakob replied. "He loves his hair long." Jakob is one of my best friends at school. He is also a blond, but shorter than me. He is muscular and a crazy Star Wars fanatic. Finn, on the other hand, is tall with very long, brown hair. He is very easy to embarrass, so we talk about his girlfriend, Jade, in front of him, sometimes, to tease. Suddenly, Jakob is taken down to the ground with an almighty crash.

"Gotcha!" Lucia said, enthusiastically.

"Dude! What the hell!!" Jakob complained. Lucia is always doing stuff like that. It gets annoying after a while. Lucia, by the way, is short with long black hair and is a parkour master! It has had NO use whatsoever but I'm sure that will change eventually.

"Sorry!" Lucia apologised.

"It doesn't look like you are sorry to me." Said Tash. Short for Natasha. She HATES being called Natasha. She is tall with neck long dirty blond hair. Sometimes she is shy. Sometimes she is hyper. You never know until it's too late.

"Sssh..." Lucia said as she put her index finger to Tash's lips. Jakob then started chasing Lucia around the school.

"What a bunch of twelvies." Cooper said, as he approached Tash and I. Cooper is a short boy with short brown hair. And I mean VERY short. Everyone called him a Buddhist Monk when he got it cut that way. He didn't care, though.

"Shut up, dude." I retorted "You're no better."

"What proof do you have." Cooper replied, confidently.

"Are you sure you want me to answer that?" I replied harshly. Tash laughed her heart out and Cooper shut up.

"Hey guys!" Finn said. Finn still hasn't cut his hair.

"Nice cut, bro." Cooper complimented. Finn just rolled his eyes at Cooper and his sarcasm. Suddenly, the bell rang and I went with Jakob to our home room. The other year 9 in our home room, Jack, left the school halfway through last year. Mr Pupiter, AKA Mr Puppet, our home room teacher, introduced Jack's replacement. As she walked through the door, she flipped her hair a little and adjusted her glasses a little. She looked very confident, and a little upset.

"Everyone! This is Demi. She will be taking Jack's place as one of our three year 9 home room students." Everyone calmly welcomed her. Then she noticed Jamie and she run up to me.

"Oh my God! Jamie! Thank God! I thought I would never see you again!" Demi cried.

"Same!" I replied as I comforted her. "How have you been? How are Mish and Edward? Is Tahlia OK?". I was bursting with questions, and so was Jakob. Crap! I forgot about him! "Jakob." I said "This is my friend, Demi."

"Nice to meet you." Jakob said.

"Likewise." Demi replied. "I've been doing well. Mish and Edward are in a different home room. Tahlia is fully recovered from her injury. And everyone else is fine too."

"What a relief." I said. I looked at Jakob and I could tell he was bursting with questions, which Demi and I would answer at Recess, with Finn and Lucia and that. Mr Pupiter then handed out our timetables. I was in 4/8 classes with Jakob and all classes except P.E. and Italian with Demi. Since home room took up our first class, I went with Jakob and Demi to maths.

Hi guys!! Thanks for reading the first chapter of my first book. I hope you like it. If you have any questions about Demi and Jamie's relationship, go and read 'Stranded', by my good friend, HelloDDGirl. I will update the story as regularly as possible, since I have a lot of things going on atm. Enjoy reading!! Thanks

LittleBeggaz01