Chapter Five

My heart is racing as I sit squished between Ted and David down in the office. I am supposed to keep myself on the down low, and a stunt like this is sure to get me attention.

Just as I'm contemplating how to get out of this one, Principal Harper strolls out of his office followed by none other than the mystery boy from earlier.

"Sit down," he instructs, and the boy slides into the seat across from me with a sly smirk in my direction.

"Now what are you three here for?" He asks, and Ted leans back in his chair.

"Nothing, Ms. Jenkins is just an uptight old-"

"Ted!" I shriek before he can say anymore, and David sighs.

"It was me, not them." He explains, and Principal Harper raises an eyebrow before turning his attention to me and the mystery boy.

"You and you, get out of here. I'll let you off with a warning for this time. But you two," he turns to David and Ted who are looking downward guiltily.

"You've been in here too many times already. Detention for the next two days. This is your final warning, next time the consequences will be much more serious. Come back here so I can write you a slip."

I watch as Principal Harper returns to his office, Ted and David trailing behind him.

"I never pegged you as a bad girl. What did you do, not turn in your homework on time?" The mystery boy smirks and I glare.

"No, I didn't do anything. David and Ted always involve me in their pranks so she sent me down here with them, even though I didn't do anything," I mutter, and he chuckles.

I raise an eyebrow at him expectantly, and when a moment passes without him speaking, I sigh.

"What did you do?"

He simply grins at me before crossing his arms and leaning back in his chair, signaling that he wasn't going to tell me.

Groaning, I rise from my seat, only to stumble over the foot of the mystery boy.

"I think it's those heels," he notes with a wink, before rising and striding out of the office with a smirk.

Boy, was it going to be a long rest of the school year.