Chapter Eight

The next morning, I wake up sweating.

It doesn't take me long to figure out why.

Next to me lays a snoring AJ, a small smile painted onto his peaceful face.

His arms are wrapped around my waist, and I gently untangle myself from them.

My mind begins to drift back to the night before. We had basically just talked about how his mother was dead, and he had just moved here with his father.

I sigh as I stand up from my bed, before I hear footsteps coming toward my room.

My eyes widening, I quickly shove AJ off my bed and throw a blanket on top of him, before rushing over to the door, as my father opens it.

"Good morning," he smiles, and I let out a nervous laugh.

"Morning!"

He raises an eyebrow suspiciously, looking me up and down with a stern expression. But I just kind of shove him out of my room.

"Heh... I'll be down in a few minutes!" I call, before slamming the door and locking it.

As soon as it is shut, AJ lets out a loud moan and stands up, glaring at me.

"Go! You need to leave!" I hiss, not even bothering to apologize.

He smirks, crossing his arms. "As soon as I get my shirt."

I pause before looking down at what I am wearing, and remember AJ insisting that I wear it the night before.

Explains why my dad was looking at me so weirdly.

I sigh and pull off his shirt with my back to him, ignoring his low whistle as a blush creeps onto my face.

Throwing him his shirt, I reach into my closest and pull out a tight violet sundress (basically the only clothing piece that I wore nowadays). I shove him toward the window where his ladder is at, and he winks at me before climbing out of my window, shirt in hand.