Chapter Twenty

It has been a few days since I woke up from my coma type thing.

All the machines are gone, and everything is back to normal.

For the most part, at least.

Right now I am sitting at my desk in my room, when I hear my window being slid open.

I smile as I turn around to find AJ climbing through it with a smirk on his face.

He laughs as he looked over at my stack of homework, before flopping down onto my bed.

"I just ran into Carlos," he states, referring to the leader of The Sirens.

"He's calling a meeting. Tonight at 6pm. Spread the word." He mimics the last part in Carl's deep voice, and I laugh as I finish the last problem on my math homework.

"Tonight?" I raise an eyebrow.

What would be so important that Carl would need to call us together on such short notice?

AJ doesn't seem concerned, so I decide to let it go.

Smiling, he gestures toward my window before offering me a hand.

"C'mon," he urges, smirking.

I glance at his hand, and then the window, and then back again.

"Come where?" I ask, but he just grins.

"Let's go get ice cream."

It was such a normal thing to do that I burst out laughing so hard, by the time I was finished I was laying in a heap on the floor.

"Alright. You're out of your mind," I chuckle, taking his hand.

He glances at me and smiles, before helping me out of the window.

"Only for you, Alexis."

"What can I get for you all today?"

Me and AJ stand side by side in front of the cashier at the icecream parlor.

She chews her gum and examines her nails as we debate what to get.

"I think I'll have a chocolate cone," AJ comments, and I raise an eyebrow.

"You're unbelievably plain," I whine, turning toward the cashier. "Scratch that last part. I'll be ordering for the both of us today."

The cashier chuckles at me, and AJ shoots me a lopsided grin.