feeling the tribe.

It's been almost a day since the shadow knights left. I already have about fifty volunteers to join the new tribe. Most were parents or teens leaving their parents. Young kids of all races play together as the adults talk about their way of either hunting or basket weaving or something useful. A small Arenian girl runs and bumps into me. She fixes her pigtails and giggles. "Sorry, miss leader ma'am." She says, bouncing off. I see her run back and play tag with a couple of Kireian and dark elves.
      Solis walks slowly up to me, breathing heavily. "I... ran... three times.... around... the castle..." he squeezes out. Luna pops out from the brush, bouncing out filled with energy. "Three times around. Oh and I gave your package to Mrs. Ahri. She says she would be glad to donate watering buckets and potions of skill." Luna pulls out a small bottle with a sparkling potion. "STOP!" Solis yells, grabbing the potion before Luna can drink it. "That's a potion of poison! It will kill you from the inside out! See. Look at the purple tint. It comes from the Gerridon river." I give Solis a slight pat on the back and smile. "But what part of the Gerridon river?" I ask, kneeling down to Solis's height. "The bank obviously! See the small particles in it? That's snear gust. It's used to make sleeping powder for... sleeping potions!" Solis smiles and gives a laugh. Luna mocks him with her hand and mumbles "obviously!" She says, giving a glare at Solis.
     The small tent I set up outside the kingdom holds a lot of chatter inside. The rough voice of the leader of the north erupts over the leader of the Arenian. "We will give warriors if you give farmers." "Why do we need to give farmers!?" "Kireian already gave archers." I barge in and the talk goes silent, all of the leaders staring at me. I smile and sit down, moving my hand in a circle motion for them to continue. The Arenian leader glares at the north pack leader. "I sense tension. How about a fifteen minute break?" I say, pouring a small cup of tea. The two leaders turn and nod at each other.
         The soft sound of a sweet howl makes my ears perk up. I sigh and shake my head. "Enter." I say softly, my eyes focused on the ground. I hear the tent slowly open. My eyes fill with tears but my bangs cover the tears swelling up. "Hey..." I hear a sad voice whisper. "Listen Tris... I'm sorry..." a soft hand is placed on my cheek but I turn away from the comforting motion. "Tris... come on... I love you to much to lose you..." My eyes turn to fire. "I have a pack to take care of-" I'm cut off by a quick kiss on the lips. My eyes widen and I growl, my hand turning to a fist. "And we can take of it together..." Jason's soft comforting voice makes my anger grow larger and larger. I try to hold it in but I scratch his face quickly. His eyes widen and growls. "Your heartless Tris.."

"I am stronger than you..."