Chapter Four

After one too many drinks, things got pretty heated between Jack and I. He put his hands on my waist, and pushed me up against the fence that separates Finn's yard from his neighbors. "You're so hot, Grace. I want you right now." he whispered in my ear. "I want you, Jack." I said. He kissed me, and I put my hand on the back of his neck. I wrapped my other arm around his waist, and we started making out. He tried sticking his hand under my dress, and that's when I stopped him. "Jack, wait." I pushed him back. "What is it, babe?" he looked at me. "Let's go to your car." I breathed heavily. "That's a good idea. Let's go." he said. I took his arm, and we pushed through crowds of people to get back to the gate. I pushed it open, and we stumbled and tripped on the way back to his car. We sat back down in our normal seats, but after the doors were closed, I scooted over and squeezed in between Jack and the steering wheel. "Well, hello there." he chuckled and put his hands on my hips. "Hi." I smiled. He pulled me closer and kissed me all over my neck. I stuck my hands under his shirt and rubbed his chest and stomach. "God, your hands are freezing!" he exclaimed. "Heh, sorry." I laughed and pressed my lips against his. "It's okay. I like it." he said. "Good." I nibbled on his bottom lip and started taking his shirts off. I could feel his muscles flexing through his tanktop, and I tried taking that off too. "Wait a minute, Grace... stop, this doesn't feel right." he sighed. "What do you mean?" I looked at him and pouted. "This whole thing. I-I did not plan on us having sex." he said. "Well, I didn't plan on drinking tonight either, but here we are." I kissed his neck. "Grace... you are very sexy and attractive, but I'm sober enough to know that we shouldn't do this now." Jack said. "Fine, whatever. Just take me home then." I sighed. I sat back down in the passengers seat and fixed my dress.

X

I got home and walked in the door, and Charlie looked at me. "Hey Grace, you're home early! It's only 9:30 p.m." he said. "Yeah, I-I just... I'm tired. I think I'll just go to bed." I sighed. "Wait a minute. Grace, are you drunk?" he stood up and looked at me. "Tch, what? No, I'm just... oh my god, I think I'm going to be sick." I groaned. I quickly ran to the bathroom and hugged the toilet. "Yep, you're drunk. God, I can't believe you! You told me you weren't going to do this. You promised me!" he said. "I really don't need any lectures from you, Charles. I'm going to bed." I said. I got up and tried to walk, but my legs couldn't hold my weight. I fell to the floor and banged my knee. "You can't even walk. Here, let me help you." he said. He picked me up off of the floor, and I put my arm around my shoulders. "Charlie, I... I almost had sex with Jack." I admitted. "What? This was only your first date! D-did he force you, Grace?" Charlie asked. "No, i-it wasn't like that. I was the one who kind of initiated it? Is that the right word?" I looked up at him. "I don't know, but it doesn't matter. You just need to get to bed." he said. He helped me upstairs to my room, and I just flopped down on my bed. "I'm so sorry I disappointed you, Charlie." I sighed heavily. "It's okay, Gracie. Stuff happens and people make mistakes. Just try and get some sleep, okay?" he said. "Okay." I sniffed. He walked out and closed the door, and I held onto one of my pillows. I closed my eyes and cried myself to sleep. 

X

"Grace, wake up! I got you some coffee and aspirin!" Charlie knocked on the door. "Uhh... okay, bring it in." I said. He came in with a cup of coffee and two aspirin, and I took them both. "There, that should help your hangover. But you should eat something too."he said. "I know, I will. Thank you." I said. "You're welcome." he sat on the edge of my bed.