Chapter Five

~Jack~

After I took a shower and brushed my teeth, I felt much better after all the stuff that happened last night (or at least what I can remember). "Oh gosh... I should probably call Grace." I sighed. I walked into the kitchen where I left my phone and picked it up off of the counter. I pushed the phone icon next to Grace's name in my contacts, then held the phone up to my ear. "Hello?" she answered after the first few rings. "Hey Grace, I'm glad you picked up. I want to talk about last night." I sighed. "Yeah... so do I." she sighed also. "Um, it really didn't work out the way I wanted it to." I scratched my head. "I know, and it was partially my fault." she said. "I would really like to start over and try that first date again." I said. "I would like that too, Jack." she said softly. "Okay, great. How about breakfast tomorrow? You could meet me at Ihop at 9:30." I suggested. "Alright, that sounds good. I'll be there." she said. "Awesome. I'm sorry about last night, by the way." I took a deep breath. "Oh, you don't have to apologize. Like I said, i-it wasn't just you. But anyway, I'll see you tomorrow Jack." she said. "Yep, see you then. Bye Grace." I said. She hung up, and I set my phone down on the counter again. "Huh, maybe I should get her some flowers. Ah, but I can't remember what her favorite ones are! Maybe Charlie will know." I said. I sent Charlie a quick text to ask what Grace's favorite flower is, and he text back a couple minutes later. "Oh, yeah... white daisies. That sounds about right." I said. I went into the living room and sat down on the sofa, then turned on the TV. "Mm, it's kind of lonely in here. I really need to get a dog or a cat or a roommate or... something." I sighed. I flipped through the channels to find something good to watch, but there's nothing. "One-hundred plus channels, but there's nothing on." I shook my head. Even though I was trying to forget about it, I could not stop thinking about what would've happened if Grace and I did go all the way last night. Things would probably be very awkward between us... we might even avoid each other for awhile. We would try to go back to our normal lives and simply forget about it, but that would be the hardest part. I mean, how could you just forget about having sex with someone? It is a very big deal and quite the experience, even when it's not a very good one. I'm just glad we didn't do it, because I really don't want to screw things up with Grace. I like her a lot and I'm pretty sure the feeling is mutual, so I want to do this right. I want to take my time and give her the attention and care that she deserves. We'll have sex when the time comes and when we're both good and ready. A knock on the door brought me back, then I got up and answered it. "Finn, what are you doing here?" I looked at my twin brother. "I just thought I'd come back and check on you. Make sure you're okay." he smiled. "I'm fine. W-why?" I asked. "You left the party kind of early." he said. "Grace told me she was getting tired, so I took her home." I shrugged. "Well, you didn't come back. You could have... i-if you wanted to." he cleared his throat. "I know, but I-I didn't want to. I was a bit tired myself." I said. "Oh, that's fine." he rolled up his sleeves. "Uh, do you want to come in for a bit or something?" I asked. "No, that's okay. I still have some cleaning up to do after the party last night." he laughed. "Did things get pretty crazy after we left?" I asked. "Oh yeah, I think this is the wildest one I've ever thrown! It was so sick, and I wish you would've stayed." he said. "I'm kind of glad I didn't, because then I would've had to help your scary ass clean up the yard." I ruffled his hair. "Whatever, you're the scary one!" he punched my arm. "Ow, you jerk." I rubbed the spot he hit. "Whatever, don't be such a baby! But anyway, I'll see you later bro. I gotta go finish cleaning up." Finn sighed. "Okay, I'll see ya. Let's hang out again soon, yeah?" I asked. "Yeah, we will. Bye Jack." he said. He walked out and got in his car, then I shut the door. I sat back down on the sofa, and tried to search for something to watch. "Oh, hey. Two Night Stand is on." I said. I clicked yes on the remote, then went into the kitchen for a snack. I looked in the cupboard, and I had a bunch of different kinds of crisps in there. "Ooh, sour cream and onion!" I grabbed the bag quickly, as if someone was going to steal it from me. I sat back down and ate my crisps.