Chapter Ten

~Grace~

-A Few Days Later-

I was all dressed up for the summer formal at the Alex James Hotel that Jack invited me to, and Charlie looked at me. "You look amazing, sis." he said. "Thank you. I feel pretty." I chuckled. I had on a long mint green strapless dress and black gladiator sandals, and I had my hair brushed over my shoulders. I also put on a little makeup. "You're beautiful. Mom and dad would be so proud." he hugged me. "I know they would be." I smiled and hugged him back. There was a knock on the door, so I assumed it was my date. "I think that's Jack. I'll see you later Charlie. I love you." I said. "I love you too, Grace. Now go have fun." he chuckled softly. I walked out and closed the door, and... wow, Jack looks so handsome. "Grace, you are so beautiful." he sighed. "Thank you. You're very handsome." I smiled. He had on this navy blue tuxedo and black dress shoes, and his hair was slicked back. "Oh, thank you. Shall we?" he offered me his arm. I just nodded and took it, then he walked me up to the car. He opened the passenger side door for me, and I sat down. He got in as well, then started it and drove up the street. I looked up through the sunroof, and the moon was shining right through. "Oh my gosh." I sighed. "What? Is everything okay?" Jack looked at me. "Yeah. I don't think I've ever seen a night so beautiful." I said. "I don't think I ever have either." he said. It took about fifteen minutes for us to get to the hotel, and I held onto Jack's arm as we walked inside. We made our way to the ballroom, and he gave the lady behind the desk our ticket for two. "Have fun tonight, guys." she said. We went inside and Naturally by Selena Gomez was playing. "Would you like a drink, Grace?" Jack asked. "Water, please." I said. "Okay, you got it." he smiled. He went over to the guy who's selling drinks and food and talked with him for a bit, then he gave him two waters. "Here you go." he gave me one. "Thank you. Let's go dance now." I said. I took his hand and led him to the middle of the room, and we danced together. He took both of my hands and pulled me closer, and I looked into his hazel eyes. "So, your birthday's coming up soon." Jack raised his eyebrows. "Well not real soon. I'll be twenty in a month on July twenty-fifth." I smiled. "That's more like a month and a week." he said. "I know, but I'm so excited to be twenty! I feel like I've been nineteen forever." I sighed. "I feel like I'm going to be twenty-one forever, but I know that isn't the case." he twirled me around.

X

I was taking a little break from dancing, but then a slow song started playing. Jack came up to me and offered me his hand. "May I have this dance?" he asked. "Of course." I said. I took his hand and he led me to the floor, then put his arms around my waist. I slid my arms underneath his and put my hands on his back. I looked into Jack's eyes, and he pulled me closer. "So, do you think tonight's the night?" he asked. "The night for what?" I smiled. "Are you going to let me kiss you?" he asked. "Of course." I said. "Right now?" he looked down at me. "Wow, you really want to do this!" I exclaimed. "I've been waiting a long time, Grace." he put his hands on my cheeks. "Okay, so kiss me." I bit my lip. He slowly leaned in and pressed his lips against mine, and my eyes fluttered shut. I ran my fingers through his hair, and it is so soft. He smells like some kind of Axe cologne and he tastes like... well, whatever boys usually taste like. It's kind of like mint gum, actually. We separated after about a minute, and I looked into his eyes. "Wow..." I sighed. "Heh, my thoughts exactly. I knew that was worth the wait." he smiled softly.