Chapter Two: The Morning After

I woke up at 6 the next morning and dragged myself out of bed. I went and checked on him and found him fast asleep. He looked so cute and peaceful. I decided I would let him sleep for a while longer. I went back to my room and grabbed the dinosaur stuffie I had gotten him yesterday. Then I went back into his room and set it down beside him on the bed. The stuffie just barley grazed his arm when I set it down and when he felt it he grabbed onto to it and wrapped his small body around it. His thumb slipped into his mouth and he fell into a deeper, more relaxed sleep. I left the room quietly and went into the kitchen to see what we had in the way of breakfast. I found that we had eggs and sausage and bacon and plenty of bread for toast. I sighed in relief that I had something for him. I usually just skip breakfast because it messes with my stomach to eat something this early. I know that if he hadn't seen a movie last night then he probably hasn't seen any type of cartoon show. So I head into the living room and once again set up my entertainment center and look over all of the discs of old and new cartoons I have. I eventually settle on Clifford the Big Red Dog and plug the disc in. Once that's all set up I go back into the kitchen and get all the supplies for breakfast out. It's now about 7:30 in the morning now. As I start the eggs I hear a little padder of feet and I look over to see him standing in the doorway of the kitchen holding his dinosaur stuffie and sucking his thumb. "Good morning!" I say brightly to him. "Morning..." he says groggily back around his thumb.
"Go to the living room. There's a surprise for you." I tell him gently.
He tells me ok sleepily and walks into the living room. I hear his squeal of excitement and he runs back in and hugs me from behind. "Thank you!!" I smile back and squeeze his arm gently. He runs back into the living room and I hear him plop down onto the couch and press play. I finish cooking breakfast and decide that as he has never ever seen this I would get a tv tray out of the hall closet and take it into the living room. After I get it out and set up I serve him some eggs, bacon, sausage, and toast. I had decided not to eat breakfast as usual and just watched him eat, getting him seconds when he asked. After he was done eating I left the room to get breakfast cleaned up. Unlike dinner last night there were no left overs. That made clean up a little easier. As soon as all the dishes were done and everything was put up in the kitchen I went back into the living room and folded up the TV tray. He was so focused on the show the he didn't even notice me come in. He was still holding his stuffie and was still sucking his thumb quietly. I smiled at him. I could tell he was enjoying the show immensely. I took the tray and put it back into the hall closet and then I went and showered and got dressed for the day. When I came out he was still watching Clifford. I waited until the episode he was on was over and then I paused it. He looked up at me disappointed.
"Do you want to go shopping now?" I asked him.
"You were serious about that?"
"Yes I was. Now answer my question please."
He thought about it for a minute or two before he said that he would like that very much. I smiled at him and told him to go change and to hurry back. He hurried back and we walked out of the door.