Chapter Three: Shopping

I don't have a car so we walked to the mall. It was a beautiful mall. The building forms a square shape that surrounds a beautiful courtyard. You can rent it out for parties and stuff like that. But when it's not rented out its open to the public. It even has a playground. The mall itself has everything you could possibly want in it. As the mall came into sight his face lit up.
"We're going there?? I've always wanted to go in there!!" he exclaimed.
I smiled and laughed. "Well today's your lucky day."
We walked a little further without talking.
"So, what's your name anyway.?" I asked him upon realizing that I didn't know it.
He frowned slightly. "I think my parents named me jackass."
I gasped in shock. "That's not a name. It's an insult."
"Then I guess I don't have a name..." he replied slowly.
I thought about this for a little while before I said, "well, I'll pull up some names later and you can pick out a name you really like tonight, ok?" I decided mentally that I was going to look into his past records if I could and see what I could find.
"Ok." he said.
We kept walking along in silence until I heard him stammer, "do...do you have a name..?"
"Yeah... but it's nothing special.."
"Can I know it?"
I usually don't tell people my name but I decided to make an exception this time. "My name is Rosie..." I say shyly. He doesn't respond for about a block and then he says, "That's really pretty."
"Thank you.." I said back.
We didn't talk after that until we were through the malls doors. "Stay by me please." I more told him to do than asked.
He said that he would and I smiled. I took him to Toys R Us first. He's eyes got so wide when he saw everything and he squealed in excitement.
"Pick out what every you want ok?" I told him.
He nodded his head up and down really fast and almost ran away in his eagerness to look at all the stuff the store had to offer. I watched as he ran from aisle to aisle, looking at all of the toys with huge puppy dog eyes, trying to decide what to get. I grabbed a cart and waited while he brought me everything he wanted, which was pretty much everything in the store. We were in that store for almost a hour. After I bought all the stuff we went (with tons of bags already) into a store that was just down the hall. It was full of nothing but stuffies. He ran into that store much the same way as he did toys r us. I laughed at how cute he was being as he tried to pick out the ones he wanted. I decided I wanted to go help him. Still carrying the bags I went over to him and pointed out this teddy bear. "Why not this one?" I asked him.
He thought for a long time and then shook his head. "He isn't meant for me." he said simply and moved on. After that I decided that he was mature enough to pick out his own stuffies. Once he had picked out the stuffies he wanted (there are too many to list) we left that store with a lot more heavy bags, that I insisted on carrying by myself. The last stop we made before we left was the candy store where I let him pick out three types and he picked out his favorites with huge eyes and some drool. Then we started the long trek home. Neither of us spoke, which was probably a good thing cause I was carrying a lot of bags. Besides, he was looking so tired. He opened the door for me once we got home, since my hands were to full and once inside I set the bags down in the living room. He was so tired he didn't even try to go through the bags. I smiled at him sweetly. "I think someone needs a nap." I said quietly. He nodded and I took his hand and led him to his room. I helped him get his shoes off and tucked him in. "My stuffie!!" he cried. "I've lost him!" He tried to get out of bed but I gently pushed him back into bed. "Shhhh... I'll be right back." He looked at me scared. "Promise?" he whimpered. "Of course." I assured him. I went back into the living room and grabbed his stuffie from the couch and returned to the room. I stood outside for a moment in a place he couldn't see me. He was staring at the door fearfully. Not wanting to keep him waiting I walked in and he cried in delight. He then proceeded to jump out of bed and he ran to me and hugged me and took the stuffie from me. He danced around the room happily and then jumped back into bed again. I went over and tucked him back in and sat with him until he fell asleep. I decided that since it was noon now I would wake him at three and then I left the room to unpack his stuff.