Part 6

Yo: Your majesty? (looks at Jin)

Mao: (sitting on a chair at the end of a table; staring blanky)

Jin: (loos at Yo) Your majesty...

Yo: Your masjesty? Hello?

Mao: Huh? What?

Jin: You haven't been yourself lately. Is something bothering you?

Mao: Am I? It's nothing.

Yo: Ohh~~ Hehehehe... I know... His majesty has fallen in love~

Jin: To our dragon prince? Isn't that good news?

Yo: It is!

Mao: Hey! What are you talking about?!

Haruka: (reading a book while walking and passes by the room unnoticed where Mao and the others are; overhears) "Mao?"

Mao: Me in love with that guy? Impossible! I'm just putting up with him since he's pitiful and because he's this dragon prince.

Jin: Your majesty that's not nice to say.

Yo: So you're telling us, if he wasn't of any importance, you wouldn't even bother with him?

Mao: Yes. If it were me, I would have want him to go back to the world he was raised than have me force to marry him. He's not needed here. I can protect this kingdom with or without his help.

Jin: (walking around the palace and notices huge rain clouds covering the sky) Looks like it's going to rain) Hm? (sees Haruka standing in the hall) lord Haruka?

Haruka: ... (sees Jin)

Jin: (hears Jin's voice and notices Haruka) Your highness...

Yo: Eh? lord Haruka? Don't tell me... He overheard us...

Mao: (didn't expect Haruka to be there) ... (drops of rain started to fall from the sky)

Haruka: ... I didn't mean to eavesdrop. (raises the book his holding) I only wanted to return this. Excuse me... (doesn't look at them and goes on his way)

Mao: A-... (rushes towards the door) Wait! Haruka!

Haruka: (stops walking and the rain starts to pour down)

Mao: I... What you heard...

Haruka: (looks back to Mao) I don't belong in this world even if this is where I was born...

Mao: ... Haruka...

Haruka: (water starts to surround him) I'm sorry... (disappears)

Mao: Haruka! (tries to reach out for Haruka but eventually fails)

Priest: Here. Let me take that for you. (takes the basket from the old woman)

Old woman: (sees Haruka looking at a sakura tree; bringing a basket of fruits and vegetables and gives it to the priest) I haven't seen him around here before.

Nun: Oh, that's Haruka-kun. This orphanage raised him for a few years before he was adopted. He's been staying with us for a couple of days now.

Woman: Really? What brings him back?

Priest: ... Things happened. (remembers the day Haruka came to them drenched in the rain and saw the injuries around his back)

Priest and Nuns: (looks at each other)

Haruka: ...

Haruka: (at the palace garden)

Mao: (gazing upon the sakura trees)

Haruka: ... If only it's easier to forget...

Mao: (in Dragon Empire; impatient) Are you sure you've searched for him high and low in our lands?

Soldiers: Yes we have, your majesty... There are no traces or clues that could lead us to the whereabouts of his highness, the dragon prince...

Mao: Damn!... (sits)

Jin: Your majesty, have you considered the possibility that he went back to Earth?

Mao: ... (recalls)

Mao: Yes. If it were me, I would
have want him to go back
to the world he was raised than
have me force tomarry him.
He's not needed here.
I can protect this kingdom
with or without his help.

Mao: ... Haruka...

Haruka: (water starts to
surround him)
I'm sorry...
(disappears)

Mao: How could he go back when it wasn't his will to be sent here in the first place? Especially when he didn't even know before that this empire existed.

Yo: It could be his power has grown enough that he could jump from on world to another?

Haruka: (sitting under a tree one afternoon)

Mother Superior: Since you
came to us as a baby, 
we always prayed for your
happiness until now. 
B

ut for that to happen,
you can't keep your
heart shut from others. 
Y

ou have to open it too to let others in.

Haruka: ... "I tried, but they hurt me instead. I tried again, but it turns out their kindness was just out of pity and duty. I don't think I can take it the third time."

Mao: (sitting by the window inside his room)

Jin: Since lord Haruka's disappearance, you haven't been yourself lately... Is it too hard for you to admit you like him?...

Mao: ... I'm fool, aren't I?... I really need to see you again...

Haruka: (feels a sharp pain in his chest) Not again... (feels the pain growing as he remembers his time with Mao)

Haruka: (felt a sharp pain in his chest)

Mao: (notices and sees Haruka looks in pain; slowly rubs Haruka's back)
I

t's all right... It's going to be all right...

Haruka: ... (slowly the pain subsided)

Haruka: ... (clenches tightly to bear the pain) ... Mao...

Mao: ... Haruka... (suddenly I flash of light surrounds Mao) What the-

Haruka: (looks surprise)

Mao: (finds himself on top of Haruka looking surprise) ... Haruka...

Haruka: ... How did you...

Mao: (grabs Haruka's shirt) I could ask you the same thing. You did go back to this world. How could you leave like that?

Haruka: Let go of me. (pulls away from Mao since the pain he's feeling hasn't yet subsided; sits back up)

Mao: ... (just noticed) It happened again?...

Haruka: ... Go back to where your world. Your wish has been fulfilled. What more could you want from me?

Mao: What I said was wrong. I didn't mean what I said that day.

Haruka: Go home...