Part 9

Haruka: (one morning in the garden; playing with Mao's little niece and nephew)

Mao: (working not far from the garden and sees Haruka playing with Sunhi and Rui)

Sunhi: (4 years old) Wahh... So nice! Thank you!

Haruka: (made a crane for Sunhi)

Rui: (5 years old) Me too, Haru-nii!

Haruka: Ok... Hold on for a second... (makes another one)

Mao: (smiles)

Yo: Sigh~~ How nice... Your majesty is so lucky to have such wonderful husband. He'll be a great father to your children.

Mao: (annoyed) Are you high? How in the world can I have children when we're both from the same sex?

Yo: Ahahaha... (thinks and mumbles) It is possible though. I read it from the old records. (scratches his head) Oh well...

Soldier: Your majesty... lord Jang from our eastern territories wishes to have an audience with you.

Mao: lord Jang? I haven't seen him in years. Granted...

Soldier: Yes sire. (lets his fellow soldier escort Jang inside the throne room)

Jang: Thank you for seeing me, your majesty.

Mao: It's been a while since I last saw you.

Jang: Haha, yes. We've been busy keeping our country intact. (sees Haruka) This must be the legendary dragon prince, Haruka-sama.

Haruka: Pleased to meet you.

Jang: No, it's an honour to meet you. (wants to have a handshake with Haurka)

Haruka: (hesitant since he was never comfortable socializing with other people who he barely knows; accepts it out of courtesy) ... (gets a bad feeling) Mao, get out.

Mao: What? (a huge explosion suddenly happens)

Gou: (in the training grounds; hears the explosion and sees huge black smoke coming from the palace) Secure the area! Find the emperor and his highness!

Yo: (coughs because of the smoke around) Your majesty! Your highness! (sees a shield around him and around the people inside the destroyed throne room)

Mao: Haruka! (has been protected by Haruka too)

Haruka: (got injured by the explosion and looks too weak)

Jang: I underestimated you... (uses his powers one more time on Haruka)

Haruka: (becomes unconscious)

Mao: Haruka! (holds Haruka in his arms as the shield protecting him disappeared when

Haruka lost conscious) Haruka! What did you do to him?

Jang: Explosives isn't just my specialty. Sealing powers is my specialty too. Making everyone in this room unable to use your gifts.

Yo: Your majesty!

Jang: Tsk! I hate hindrances. (uses his powers and pushes Yo and the other soldiers away from him) Now your majesty. The game is just about to begin...

Mao: (holds Haruka tighter in his arms)

Haruka: (looking around while in an unfamiliar place) ...

Haruka... Over here you dummy...

Haruka: (sees Mao) Mao...

Haruka: (opens his eyes; beaten up while being chained to a wall) ... "A dream?..."

Jang: You managed to protect those important to you because I didn't expect you could use your powers after I sealed them. I had to use a stronger seal in the end.

Haruka: Where's Mao?

Jang: The last living descendant of the dragon gods. I'm amazed to see one still alive. I thought I took care of ever single one like you.

Haruka: You... You're the one who killed-

Jang: Your family? Yes, your real family.

Haruka: (tightens his grip and feels anger inside of him)

Jang: I'm making you mad, am I? To face the man who murdered your family, you probably feel like killing me too.

Haruka: (just stares at Jang with anger)

Jang: Well, once you're dead I'll take your bride and make him mine. I would like to do him in front of you since it would be so great but I don't like to see your face while I do it.

Haruka: If you dare touch Mao, I'll kill you.

Jang: Spoken like a man. However...

Haruka: (feels a sharp pain on his lower abdomen)

Jang: (stabbed Haruka with a knife) You're just a powerless boy. You'll die and rot here alone... (sees Haruka bleeding badly)

Haruka: "Mao..." (eventually dies)

Jang: Farewell, dragon prince... (talks to one of his men) Dispose the body...

Men: Yes, my lord...

Jang: I still don't understand why you like him so much. He's only a dragon god descendant. He had nothing when he came here. What can he give you that I can't?

Mao: He may have nothing when he came, but he's a better man than you.

Jang: Ahh... Your dragon prince must be gentle to you in bed. He must be good in making you happy... I can make you happy too.

Mao: In your dreams. You are nothing like him.

Jang: Still stubborn as ever. Face it, Mao. You'll never see your Haruka again.

Mao: He will come for me.

Jang: Hahaha! That's what you think. (takes out something and throws it to Mao)
Does this look familiar to you?

Mao: (stunned to see Haruka's necklace covered with blood) That's-

Haruka: This necklace?

Mao: Yeah...

Haruka: This was given to me by
the nuns the night they found me.
I never took it off since...

Jang: He fought till the very end... (leaves)

Mao: (picks the necklace up) Haruka... No... It can't be true... (cries as he held the necklace close to his chest) Haruka... Haruka!!