Chapter 1 ~ A Different Life

~ Chapter 1 ~

I groaned and pushed my dark brown bangs out of my face. "You're seriously gunna disappear on me...again?" I demanded.

April sighed. "Sorry Nick, I-I just got to."

I growled lightly and looked the other way. "First ya disappear without telling me and you're gone for five months, now ya tell me your leaving again for even a longer period of time?!"

"What's with you? I don't tell you something, you're mad. I give you a notice, you're even more pissed!" April through her hands up. "I give up on you!"

Despite what was going on, a smirk appeared on my face.

My best friend, April O'Neil, a fifteen year old ginger with blue eyes and pale skin, was going to go somewhere...again.

"Fine," I groaned at last. "I won't kidnap ya and keep ya locked up somewhere."

April chuckled. "Good."

"But," I said, sticking my nose high in the air. "Let's get something to eat. My treat!"

April blinked. "You? Nick, I don't want to spend all your mone--," she started.

I pressed my finger to her lips. "Up bub bub bup." I stopped her. "MY treat and ya can say NOTHING to change my mind!"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine. To Antonio's Pizzeria we go!"

I smirked. We always went there for pizza.

My name is Nick, Nickolette Doe. Well, that's what everyone calls me. I don't really have a last name. I'm a orphan.

I have dark brown hair that barely goes past my shoulders, brown eyes, a green 82 jersey shirt, a black thermal underneath, worn out tattered jeans and grubby shoes. Like April, I'm fifteen.

We walked into Antonio's and took a seat at a booth.

"So what are you going to do about school? Fall behind?" I asked.

April shrugged. "I know a certain somebody who will help me keep up.

I took a long sip of my pop before asking, "Who?"

"Oh, no one you know." She said quickly.

"So?"

"So, if you don't know them, you don't care."

"Maybe I do care."

"Nick--."

"Answer the question." I interrupted.

"Nick." She whined.

"April." I whined, mocking her.

She sighed. "Just a boy."

I raised my eyebrow. "A boy?"

April became flustered. "We aren't dating or anything!"

I smirked. "I didn't say ya were but now..."

"Nick!"

"What?"

She sighed again. "Just...drop it."

"Fine," I grumbled, "ya are serious a pain sometimes."

April rolled her eyes and took out her phone and checked a few messages before putting it away.

I frowned. "What happen to your other phone? Your red iPhone5c?"

April shrugged. "Broke."

"How?"

"What's with all the questions lately?" She asked.

I slumpted in my side of the booth. "Sorry if I ask a few simple questions."