Chapter 3 ~ I Fight For My Life (And It Doesn't End Well)

~ Chapter 3 ~

"Duck!"  April screamed and scrambled under her bed.

I covered my head from the glass and dove into her closet.  I slammed the doors shut and tried to catch my breath.

My heart was pounding against my chest as my eyes narrowed at a million of black figures running around. 

What were those things..?

Then, I noticed they weren't things, they were human.  Slim bodies with a mask covering their head with red headbands, and gray athlete tape wrapped from their hands to their elbows and toes to knees.  They seemed to be searching for something.

My brain told me to stay put but my instincts won.  They were in my friends apartment.  And they just ruined her apartment, the apartment I practically grew up in.

I kicked open the closet door and charged at the first black figure, determined to rip them apart.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

First tip on fighting random people you don't know; Don't do it in the first place.  It'll save you a lot of trouble.  Second tip; If you don't know how to fight (like me), don't charge at someone that more than likely DO.

I roared with anger and swung a punch, which, obviously, missed.  They dude just looked at me and kicked me in the gut.

My back slammed into April's wall and I slid down, slowly and groaning.

Three more loomed over me, as if inspecting me, wondering what to do.

I heard April yelled and she was swinging a thin, small, black thing...was it a fan?  The three guys were on the floor.

"Nick!  Are you okay?  God, you're so stupid!"  April yelled.

I groaned a little more, clutching my stomach.  "These friends of yours?"

April looked fuzzy, or was it me?  "No...but we gotta get out of here."

She took my hand and practically dragged me through her hall.

I heard her mutter, "The Foot are here?  I need to get Nick out of here.  I need to call the guys."

Foot?  Is that some type of gang?

I slammed into a wall and groaned even more.  "April!  You suuuck!"  I moaned.

"Sorry!"  She squeaked.  "Kind of forgot..."

Suddenly something grabbed me from behind and I screamed.

"APRIL!!!  APRIL!!!  HELP!!!"  I screamed even more, twisting and struggling.

I don't know how but I found myself hearing something nag at the back of my head, whispering something to me, something to do.

Scold me for doing so, but I listened to the voice.  I hefted my leg and swung it in a 180 degree angle, smacking my abductee in the side of the head, making them crumple to the floor.

I gasped for air as I slammed into the floor as they let go.  How did I do that?  I can barely walk without pulling a muscle but the way I did that...it seemed almost natural...

"Nick, watch out!"  I heard April yelled.

I bent backwards, at the waist, in an almost perfect straight line.

Ninja stars, I watched as they sailed past my eyes, where they would've caught my shirt.

I felt April grabbing my wrist again and pulling me out of the apartment.