Chapter 14 ~ The Shocking News

~ Chapter 14 ~

"I'm traveling to Japan," I announced.

As soon as the words left my mouth, I instantly felt guiltily. April wouldn't meet my eyes.

"Splinter thinks I should study up on my family tree, and learn more about the way of the ninja arts." I continued. "I'll only be gone for a few months, five at the most."

Mikey was the first to react. "No! You can't go..!"

He rushed over and gave me a hug. "I'll let you eat my pizza!"

I chuckled and pushed him away. "Sorry, Splinter thinks it's for the best."

Leo smiled, "Japan, huh? I guess that's the best way."

I nodded. "Luckily, I can go leave the city. The orphanage gave up on my disappearance. They won't miss me anyway."

Donnie and April gave me a hug and I turned towards Raph.

He scowled. "What? Don't think I'm gunna get all teary eyed because you're leavin'."

I held my head high. "Don't go thinking I'll be missing you either, Greenie."

"Likewise, Peachie." He muttered.

Donnie's eyes went wide, "Hey! I almost forgot something!"

I tilted my head to the side. "What?"

He broke into a grin, "Follow me."

I glanced at April, who shrugged her shoulders. Apparently she had no idea either.

Sighing, I, along with the turtles, Splinter and April, followed Donnie.

"I remembered how disappointed you were when that katana broke," Donnie explained as he grabbed something.

"Yeah, that dumb katana." I muttered as Mikey snickered at my suspense.

"So, I made you this..!" Donnie said, holding out his hand presenting a hilt of a weapon in a scabbard.

My eyes went wide. "Donnie...you didn't...!"

He grinned. "I did. Try it out."

I slowly pulled the katana out. The hilt was wrapped with a dark brown leather, with a perfect grip. And the blade... The metal gleamed beautifully. I smiled as the metal had a greenish tint to it.

Only one thing bothered me. "The blade, it's incredibly thin," I said. "It'll break."

Donnie shook his head, "Actually, I added a few compounds to it. This metal is amazingly strong and durable. It took forever but I managed to shape it into a blade without it being to heavy."

I grinned as I swung it around. It cut through the air swiftly. "I think I'll name it Saisho no ha."

"The first blade," Splinter translated.

I nodded, "I think it's a fitting name."

April agreed, "Yeah, and that may be a good parting gift but Leo's and mine is much better.

I arched my eyebrow, "You also got me a gift?"

April nodded, "It was originally when you turn sixteen but I think now is the best time."

Leo stepped forward and open his hand.

My eyes widened. "Are you kidding?!"

I was staring at the most precious thing ever. A light green mask. A ninja mask.

Gingerly, I lifted it up and tied it around my eyes. When I opened them, everyone was grinning at me.

"I don't know what to say," I told them.

Mikey smirked, "It's obvious the last is the best."

I turned to him, "What?"

"Don't think I wasn't on this gift giving thing either." He said as he grabbed my hand. "Follow me."

We walked through the lair until we reached where the turtle's rooms were.

Mikey grinned as he opened a door at the very end. "Welcome to your new pad!"

My jaw dropped.

"This was Sensei's room a long time ago. April is using the one across from it too." Leo explained.

The brick walls were pain green, in the corned was a bed, my bed. A bed all for myself.

I hugged them all, "You guys are the best..!"
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~
I said my good byes once more before heading to the nearest manhole cover.

With a grunt, I managed to get the lid off.

"Going so soon?"

I turned around and saw...Raph?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

He shrugged, "Might've been the fact I didn't get you a gift. Or couldn't wait to see you leave."

I narrowed my eyes and jumped off the latter leading to the surface. My leg slightly flared with pain but I managed.

"Here," Raph said and tossed me a small object.

I caught it my hand, "A turtle shell?"

"A T-Phone. An invention of Donnie." He said. "All our contacts are in there."

I smiled, "Thanks, Greenie."

He nodded, "Now get out of here." He started to walk away.

I grabbed one of the bars to the latter before turned around, "Hey, Raph?"

He glanced back, "What?"

"When I get back, let's try to be friends. You're going to be stuck with me one way or another."

His eyes slightly widened as he completely turned around. "Fine, under one condition."

I blinked, "Shoot."

"Let's have a rematch. Right here, right now. I'm sick of knowing you got lucky one time."

I arched my eyebrow, "You got a deal." I grabbed the hilt of Saisho no ha. "But you better be ready. I've improved since the last time."

He cracked his knuckles, "C'mon there, Oruko. Let's see what you got now that your big bad daddy ain't watchin'."

I grinned as I charged.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

A bit different than last time but I think it's fitting.

One more chapter to go.