Chapter 5: The hourglass (New Version)

PHOENIX.

"She's not your queen!"

"I can't... I can't fight him..."

"Phoenix..."

"You fucking gave birth to a king vessel. You, bitch."

I was stunned for a moment. This thing... This tragic memory of my past is now a fuckin' nightmare. In my facade, the most gorgeous being and the most hideous one were standing. Their eyes were locked to mine.

I was about to utter something when the scene changed. I am back in the forest, in my front were my friends and two silhouettes of our enemies. It must be the Son of Morpheus who was playing now with my mind and the Daughter of Euterpe.

Hindi ko magawang maigalaw ang katawan ko. Nakahiga ako't nasa harapan ko sina Sue. Hindi ko marinig ang sinasabi ni Ice ngunit nakikita ko ang kabadong mga mata ni Sue habang nakatingin sa 'kin.

My heart suddenly skipped a bit. Dahan-dahan na nilapit ni Sue ang sarili while she was pouting. But she was about to back-off when Ice pushed her to me.

Fuckin' soft lips.

Sue's eyes grew wide. Masamang tingin ang pinukol niya kay Ice. And they started to argue things that I couldn't hear.

And things started to get blurry again. I was standing in the middle of endless darkness. All I can see is black. A golden light suddenly shimmers in front, it was blazing and radiating.

It's the sun.

"Wake up, Phoenix."

"Who are you?" I asked.

"I am Sol. Your father sent me to wake you."

"I want to see her again." I pleaded.

"I will not allow it," Sol said. She has the voice of a woman and her voice was firm as if she wouldn't allow any of my upcoming requests. "You have to wake up, your highness. The world will still need you."

"But I want to see"

"You should stop looking back to the past, your highness."

"Sol, how can I see her"

"It's been seven years, your highness. She's already gone. Wake up and soon you'll need to shine for the moon." It was the last words I heard from her.

"Oh, Gods! He's waking up!" I heard someone said. Dahan-dahan kong binuksan ang mga mata ko. Nakita ko ang nakangiting labi ni Sue habang tinatapik ang balikat ko. "Fuck, you scared the hell out of me."

"Why are you crying?" Ice asked. She looks puzzled so do I. Hinawakan ko ang pisnge ko and I realized that tears are streaming down my eyes. I am crying.

"It's nothing." I answered. I will need to shine for this woman, huh?

Tumayo ako't nakita kong bagsak na sina Dylan at Nicole. And they are even tied in a tree with a chain made from ice.

Nauunang naglakad ang dalawang babae. I was just watching their backs while walking slowly, "What did you saw?" I tilted my head just to Sky giving me a puzzled look.

I shrugged, "I saw something hideous. How about you?"

"I saw a drunkard." Sky laughed and then he smiled, "Though, it was good to see him even if it's a dream."