Chapter 46: Song of the Darkness (New Version)

AIZEN.

I can hear a faint growling along with the scent of the mulch. And not away from my place was people talking; the voice of two unfamiliar women. I tried to sit with my eyes close but a sudden pain on my stomach weakened me. And when I slowly opened my eyes, I tilted my head.

Serena was in a deep slumber. Her bed was beside mine and she was being surrounded by two unfamiliar women who failed to notice that I'm already awake.

"Kailangan niyang magamot," the woman with a light brown hair said. Her eyes were dark green but it was glimmering with sadness while looking at Serena.

The other woman with an auburn hair frustratingly bit her nails, they have the same eyes yet her eyes were deeper than the other, "Should we contact Apara?"

"You're awake." The one with the light brown hair stated. Tinulungan naman ako ng kasama niya na makaupo. And then I remembered every fuckin' detail of what happened earlier.

Riley was a double agent.

Nang lumingon ako sa pwesto ni Serena ay mapait akong napangiti. Night tortured her.

They helped me to sit properly, the throbbing sensation eases when I saw the magnificent scenery. We were surrounded by glass and what is happening outside can be seen clearly.

A floating river captivated my eyes; the water was swaying, waving without any surface and on top of it was Charon, he was rowing his boat with a passenger on it. Charon is the ferryman of Hades who carries the spirits across the river of Styx and Acheron, and because I already saw the River Styx earlier this river must be Acheron. There were two doors at the end of the river, the first one symbolizes the melancholy through the skull with a knife on its head that was carved at the door. And the second door was pure white, it symbolizes peace and bliss.

And once they crossed that line, they become soul.

It is either they will become a pure soul or a grim soul.

"You're in my husband's turf, Aizen." The woman with auburn hair mumbled. She must Persephone, the goddess of the Underworld. Ginala ko ang aking mata ngunit kahit isang anino ni Hades ay wala. Nagtatakha akong tumingin sa kanila— Mother and daughter, huh?

The other woman is Demeter, the Goddess of Agriculture, Persephone's mother. "Don't worry. Hades is not around." Demeter uttered. I quizzically looked at her. Bakit naman mawawala si Hades dito? "Hades is in the Mt. Olympus,"

"Why?" I asked.

"Winter Solstice," Demeter answered. "One month from now, a war will emerge."

I shut my eyes and tried my best to remember what has the shortest day and the longest night of this year. December 21st. "You must leave this place. Where are your pearls?" Persephone asked.

Kinapa ko ang bulsa ko't naramdaman ko ang tatlong pearls. Nagtatakhang tumingin sila sa akin nang ilabas ko ang mga pearl, "May nalimutan ba kaming iligtas?"

"Wala po." I grimaced.

At dahil tatlo ang pearl na nilabas ko ay inakala nilang tatlo kaming magkakasama. Well, we are really three when we came here but who would have thought that Riley is a double agent? Especially that he is acting as Artemis' right-hand.

"Step on the pearl and imagine the place that you wanted to go, Aizen," Persephone instructed.

I glanced at Serena, she's still in a deep slumber. Hindi kami makakaalis kung natutulog pa siya— "She's staying, Aizen."