This Game We Play.

"Sir, I don't think it's possible to raise the rates within such a short period of time."

Ruso shook his head and briefly skipped through the papers in his lap. "I think we should be able to do it. The overall profit will increase if we get that deal with the top company, Globe Enterprises."

He placed the papers on the table and took up his cup of coffee. "So, focus on getting the deal with them and we can look at the rates afterwards." He said to his secretary.

There was a knock on the door and all eyes turned that way. The door opened and Lucas's head peeped in. "Oh, you're having a meeting. I'll come back."

"No we were just finishing up. Come in." Ruso replied with an instant smile.

Lucas slowly stepped into the room and walked over to Ruso.

Ruso addressed the Manager, Secretary and the two Section Chiefs. "Everyone this is my fiancé Lucas."

Lucas smiled and waved hello.

The secretary, Ian, glared at Lucas with a look that could kill. Only Lucas seemed to notice.

When Ruso noticed Lucas looking at Ian he also looked at Ian who gave him a smile that was so bright a blind person could see it.

Ruso shrugged it off and signed off the meeting. "Alright everybody that is a wrap. I'll see you next week at the next meeting."

"Yes, CEO."

When everyone left, Lucas sat in the chair closest to Ruso. "How's it going? You've been CEO for a week?"

"It's not bad but it's stressful."

Lucas rubbed Ruso's arm. "That's life."

Ruso slightly leaned away from his touch. Knowing he may not control himself, if Lucas touches him any longer.

Lucas pretends not to be hurt by Ruso's actions and places his hand in his lap. "Our wedding is coming up...."

"Yea..." Ruso sighed. "It is."

"I mean we established this kind of friendship so....like we shouldn't have any trouble settling after the wedding."

"The whole Kristina thing." Lucas looked at Ruso and smiled. "I'll deal with it."

The sound of a phone ringing echoed through Ruso's office. Both of them were scrambling to find their phone. Lucas found his, which was the source of the ringing, and answered it.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Mr. Mitchell. My name is Officer Ivory van der Woodsden, and I'm calling to report an incident."

"Incident? What incident?"

"Ms. Kristina Sandoval was in a car accident and unfortunately lost her baby. She is in the St. John Memorial hospital."

Lucas dropped his phone, his attention no longer on the officer or Ruso. A stray tear fell from his eye before he dashed off out the building and to his car.

Lucas quickly started his car and sped off toward the hospital.

Once there he didn't even care about parking, he just jumped right out and ran straight inside to the front desk.

"I'm here for a Kristina. Kristina Sandoval?"

"Sure, sixth floor is the ICU. She's in room number 2134."

Lucas ran toward the elevator as if his life depended on it. He pressed the elevator button impatiently. He glanced up at the board and saw that it was going from the tenth floor. He cursed under his breath and sand to the stairs. He ran up all six flights of stairs, his tiredness the last thing on his mind.

Once there he located Kristina's room.

Before Lucas rushed here as if the Devil himself was chasing him, but now seeing her lie there his legs turned to stone.

Her hand twitched and his legs seemed to work again. Lucas made his way into the room and to her side.

He got a good grip on her hand and just sat there watching her. He brushed a stray hair it off her face. "Wake up, please."

........

Ruso ran his fingers through his hair and let out a sigh.

Even though he didn't like Kristina, he kind of felt sorry for her situation.

The front door opened and closed, Ruso muted the TV and leaned his head in that direction. "Luke?"

He got no response, so he slowly got off yhe couch to see who it was. There he found Luke.
"Luke why didn't you answer me?"

Luke stumbled into Ruso trying to get past him. And the strong smell of alcohol assaulted Ruso's nose. "Oh, you're drunk." He sighed.

"I am not." Luke slurred, before pushing past Ruso.

"You are." Ruso yelled at Luke's retreating form.

Once he fixed Lucas's shoes to the side, he began to look for Lucas.

He soon found him in the living room, with a wine bottle clutched to his chest. "Why?" He mumbled over and over, slightly rocking back and forth.

Ruso sighed. "Give the wine to me."

"Its not wine." He mumbled. He then hiccuped and clutched the bottle to his chest. "It's water."

"That is wine." Ruso replied, trying to take the bottle away.

To which Lucas pulled it away forcefully. "Listen here jesus, I said this is water!" He turned away from Ruso slightly. "Barging up in here and declaring that my water is wine then trying to steal it from me! You is so rude!"

"I said give....me...the...wine." Ruso pulled at the bottle and ended up pulling Luke unto himself.

He sat there and stared at Lucas's face. Lucas opened his eyes fully and stared back at Ruso.
"Woah, you're really close!" He giggled. "By the way your really sexy from this angle." He then leaned down and kissed Ruso.

As if it was a reflex, Ruso kissed back, before something dawned on him and he pushed Lucas off.

Ruso got up off the floor and proceeded upstairs. He wasn't going to be Lucas's little get away each time he had a problem with Kristina or wanted to figure something out.

Luke better decide.

It was either him or Kristina.

-------------------
Thank you for reading!

Sorry for the delay, I also hope you enjoy the book. I am trying my best to progress the story along.

Please vote or comment, it would mean a lot.

XOXO <3 - JIN JIN