Let Me Take You Away From Here, From Everything

"Lucas!" 

Lucas turned to see Ruso running toward him.

He glanced back at Kristina to see her finger slowly squeezing the trigger. Ruso jumped to try and stop Kristina. Lucas closed his eyes and the sound of the gun went off. 

Lucas felt himself get wrapped him someone's arms. 

Lucas opened his eyes when he saw, Kristina standing there with her eyes opened wide. She slowly lowered the gun. 

Ruso held Lucas as if his life depended on it because it did. The burning in his back wasn't of much interest to him at this point what mattered was saving the one he loved. Ruso leaned back and smiled at Lucas. " You're ok." Ruso caressed Lucas's face before he stood and glared in Kristina's direction. 

Ruso punched her.

Kristina fell to the floor with a thud, releasing the gun as she fell. Ruso snatched up the gun and placed his foot on her throat. He pointed the gun at her. "Fuck off bitch." Her aim for her head but missed when Lucas knocked into him. 

"Don't." 

Ruso turned and glared at Lucas. "Why did you stop me? Why?!" 

"Because I don't want you to go to prison. If you go to prison, who'll be with me?" 

Ruso's features softened. "I'm sorry. I didn't think about that." 

"You fucker!" Kristina yelled. "I'll get you for this." 

Ruso turned and gave her a quick kick to the head which knocked her out. "I said fuck off, bitch!" 

Ruso was leaning down to help Lucas when he passed out. 

Lucas was surprised and started to cry. "Ruso! Ruso!" 

Ruso remained unresponsive. 

It was at that time Lucas noticed the hole in Ruso's shoulder it was bleeding badly and due to his hands being tied. It was the most hurtful thing for Lucas to just sit there and watching Ruso die. 

It was at that point Lucas knew he loved Ruso. He wanted to spend he rest of his life with this man. The man willing to jump in front of a bullet for him is the man that is worth keeping. 

Lucas looked towards the door when sirens started to get closer and louder. 

Soon the door was being banged open and police and medics stormed in. The police freed Lucas from his bounds and questioned him before he was able to board the ambulance with Ruso. 

In the long ride to the hospital, Lucas squeezed and released Ruso's hand like a stress ball his worrying skyrocketing with each passing second. 

Ruso couldn't die, he just couldn't and he wouldn't.

----------

Lucas ran his fingers through his hair for the umpteenth time. Ruso had been in surgery for four hours. It was killing him not to know what was going on at the moment.

Ruso getting shot was all over the news, "CEO of Sanchez Inc. Attacked in home." , "CEO of Sanchez Inc. and fiance are targets of jealousy."

His and Ruso's parents weren't here due to a press conference and a business trip to Dubai. Lucas was even more upset they chose work over their own family.

A doctor soon stepped put of the OR. He pulled off his mask and smiled at Lucas which had relief flooding through his bones. 

"He's doing great and the surgery went well." The doctor said. "He's going to be moved to regular room so you'll be able to see him soon."

"Thank you doctor! Than you so much!" 

"Don't worry it's my job." 

Footsteps sounded down the hallways as Fabian, Jessinda and Louie dashing down the corner and toward him. 

The doctor gave a small smile. "I guess I'll take my leave, now."

"Once against thank you." Lucas said to the doctor's retreating back.

"What happened?" Fabian asked. 

"Kristina came and attacked me, Ruso came to save me and he ended getting shot. He lost alot of blood but he seems to be fine now." 

"That's a relief." Louie sighed. 

"Where's our parents?"

"Dubai." Luke whispered quietly. 

"Those people!" Jessinda sneered. "They always out their business first." 

Soon a nurse came out to see them and told them he was awake and they could go in but one at a time. Everyone allowed Lucas to head in first.

Lucas immediately rushed to Ruso's bedside. Ruso slowly lifted a hand and caressed Lucas's face. 

"You're okay."

"You idiot, why did you do that? Did you know how much I worried about you?"

Ruso slowly slid up more in his bed. "Listen Lucas, No matter the circumstance I would have done it again, why? Because I love you that much, I'm willing to risk my life for you.  If I could do it again I would."

Ruso slowly leaned in and kissed Lucas. "Don't worry, I'll take you away from here soon. I'll protect you so no one can hurt you anymore. "

------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for reading!

I hope you enjoy, also don't forget to comment and/or vote.

XOXO -JIN JIN