Suggest We Play Pretend?

Ruso stood on the platform in the boutique as the tailor poked and proded at his suit with pins.

"Are the sleeves too short and is there anywhere you feel that is too tight?" She asked glanced up at him.

He looked over the suit in the mirror. "No, the sleeves are fine. The front area of the suit is kind of small. I would appreciate it if you fixed that."

"Sure, just take the jacket off and I'll fix it. When it's finished I'll call you and you can send someone to pick it up."

"Sure, thanks Kaitelenne."

Ruso sighed and pulled off the jacket. He was about to heading to the changing room to change when Kaitelenne shrieked.

He looked back, standing near Kaitelenne was Lucas who wore a white suit with a great undershirt. The suit fit really well and he looked nice. A small smile formed on Ruso's lips before it quickly disappeared.

Lucas who was smiling with Kaitelenne, looked up and met eyes with Ruso.

Ruso turned on his heels and headed for the changing room.

He emerged in his jeans and a crisp blue button-down tucked into his jeans. He was rolling up his sleeves as his secretary approached him.

"Sir, you have Lunch with the Director in two hours. Ring shopping at Two. At Three you have golf with your brother in law..."

Ruso interrupted the secretary. "Can I cancel that one?" He asked moving on to roll up the sleeves on the next hand.

"You've been putting it off for a month now. We are running out of excuses."

"Fine, it's just....my sister married an asshole. I hate that jerk. I'm only doing this because my dad wants us to 'bond'." Ruso shivers when he says bond. "Anyways continue."

"At four you have an appointment to look at wedding venues and lastly at Six you have a dinner with your parents."

"Thank you, I got it. Prepare the car please."

"Kaitelenne I'm leaving. Someone's going to come and take him home. So when you're done just call the house."

"Sure thing!" She smiled brightly and waved.

Ruso gave a small wave back then left.

............

Ruso sat drinking coffee with his Dad.

"So you're saying the Press conference to announce the Change of Title is next week?"

"Yes, that's what I said. You're slightly slow I don't need you to be deaf too."

"So you would love me less?"

"You're getting side tracked."

Ruso smiled. "You didn't answer my question."

"Ok fine, I'll love you even more."

Ruso shivers playfully. "That's so mushy."

"Weren't you the one who wanted to take this mushy road of feeling confessions."

"Aurgh, never mind. Let's discuss business."

"Fine by me. Anyways the press are going to be there obviously and representatives from opposing companies and also some of our business partners. There will be a lot going on so just make sure you completely prepare for that."

"Okay, I'll make sure to be prepared on every way possible." Ruso glanced at his watch.

"I have to go Ring shopping with Lucas now. So I'll see you later."

His Dad nodded. "Son at least try and get along with him. I mean you don't have to be Star Crossed Lovers but at least look like you both aren't ready to shed blood each time you in the same room."

Ruso gave a dry laugh. "Yea.....I'll try."

Ruso left the restaurant and headed for his car. The secretary got out and opened the door for him.

"Off to the ring shop." Ruso said as he climbed in the car. The secretary gave a nod before going around the car and climbing in. Starting the car and driving towards their destination.

When they arrived inside the shop, Lucas was walking back and forth. He looked impatient.

When I reached him he looked up. "It's about time. It's twenty past."

"There was traffic on the way here." His secretary explained. Ruso just walked by him and towards the ring displays.

"What do you like?" Lucas asked appearing beside him.

"I'm fine with whatever you like."

Lucas frowned before beginning his long search. He searched for at least 25 minutes, by this Ruso was tired and restless. They had tried on sixteen different pairs.

Lucas tried another one on. A smile stretched unto his face. "I like this one. The diamond is small enough that it can just pass for being wedding like and it's simple and not over the top."

"Miss, we'll be getting this one then. Package it for us please." Ruso said handing his credit card to the sales attendant.

She nodded and took the ring from Lucas and then one from the display and placed them in a small black velvet box.

Ruso and Lucas looked at the rings in the open box when she handed the box to Ruso.
Ruso closed it and handed it over to Lucas.

"Here, take it and go home. I have other things to do. I'll be home late, don't wait up."

"Can you at least pretend to like me?" Lucas asked. "I mean we are going to get married after all we can at least pretend to get along and live our own lives."

Ruso said nothing and left. His secretary collected his credit card and followed after.

What his father said and what Lucas said was swirling around in his mind. They were right to some degree... right?

Ruso shook his head. He needed more time to think about this.

He climbed into the car and continued with another thing on his busy agenda.

-----------------------

Thank you for Reading!

If you have any suggestions by all means comment them down below. I will read all of them and take them into consideration.

Don't forget to Vote and Comment, XOXO!