Calling All The Monsters

At last, they reach the school. In front of it was the sign that read:

Madison High School
Home of the Warriors

"High school," Alec breathed. "I'd never thought I'd be back at this hell hole."

Suddenly, the gang is startled by the short gush of wind and footsteps on leaves. It was Simon and Magnus.

Simon didn't have his glasses on and he had blood all over his mouth. The warlock was on his back and he hops off. "Wipe it off your mouth," Magnus tells him. "People are gonna think you're a cannibal."

As Simon cleans the blood off her face, Clary asks, "Are you good, Simon?"

"Yeah, I am well," he panted. "Being a vampire is totally awesome. I don't need my glasses, I'm freakin' fast, and strong. I had to hunt down a deer or two."

Magnus's eyes widen. "Two?! Barnabas Collins over here was slaughtering every animal he saw! He killed four deer, two rabbits, two squirrels, and even a mountain lion!"

All of them look back at Simon. "I was hungry. Now I'm not."

"So you won't attack us?" Izzy asks.

"It's hard not to smell any of you." Simon implies. "Your scents are really bothering me, except Jace. I can't really smell your scent."

"Let's go." Alec interrupts. The five of them stepped into the side doors of the school.

It was dark with only light coming from the windows of each classroom. "Okay, let's split up," Jace commands them.

Before they could, Magnus interrupts, "Whoa, whoa, whoa! How come when scary shit is happening, you guys want to split up?! That is like one of the stupidest things to do!"

"We'll be fine. You're a warlock, Simon is a vampire, and Alec and Izzy are like super soldiers. So let's go, Tinkerbell."

As they took off, Clary grabs Alec by the arm and yanks him into a random classroom with Isabelle following them. Once they were in the room, Clary lets go of the man and asks, "Does he know?"

Her question made Alec raise an eyebrow. "Know what? What is this, Days of Our Lives?"

"No, that's not it!" She snaps at the taller man. "Jace is not your brother. Here's the thing. He doesn't remember most of his life before he met you, he looks nothing like the two of you, and Jace turned blue in the moonlight. I know the only magical things come from your typewriter and . . . he came from your typewriter."

After she said her theory, Alec Lightwood stares at her with wide eyes. He looks back at his sister, who slowly nodded. "Yes, Clary, it's true," Izzy sighs.

Clary stood there stunned as she looks at the both of them. It was true. The whole time Clary thought she was just imagining everything at this point, but she wasn't. The boy whom she grew to like wasn't real. "He's not real," she gasped as she turns to Alec. "What is . . . Why? Why did you make him?"

"You wouldn't understand," Isabelle answers.

"Izzy," Alec attempts to stop her.

Clary interrupts, "No, I want to hear the truth."

The brunette girl moves to her brother's side and spoke the truth. "Before Jace, we had a little brother named Max. He was very sick and dying of leukemia. Our parents payed for the chemo and we tried to help and everything. The second time it came back worse and Max didn't want to do it anymore. He wanted to be free of the pain, and he was tired. We spent the last two months with him. Right before he died, he smiled at us. He was so weak that it took all of his strength to just smile at us and say I love you. He was only nine when he died."