To Catch an Abominable Snowman

None of them moved an inch as the giant monster snarls at them. The creature lets out a growl and charges towards Simon, who was too scared to move. Before he could get injured, Isabelle runs and tackles him to the ground.

The Abominable Snowman runs right through the wall and onto the front yard. He quickly gets up and runs off into the street.

"Oh, shit!" Jace gasped as he helps Clary up. "Alec is going to kill us!"

Isabelle grabs the book and says, "Jace, come on!"

Both ran out the door and down the stairs. Clary and Simon followed them as they run outside to chase down the monster. "Wait, guys!" Clary cries out. "Jace, what the hell was that?"

The blonde stops and turns back to her. "Clary, go home! This is too dangerous." He takes off along with his sister.

Simon and Clary stood in the middle of the street. "So what do we do?" Instead of answering him, Clary attempts to go after them. Simon then grabs her arm and stops her. "Wait, Clary! What are you doing?"

"I'm going after them."

"Why? They're chasing an Abominable Snowman! Plus, how did that thing come out of a book?"

She had no idea what was going on nor did she think it was safe. All Clary Fray knew was that she opened the book and she wants know how the Abominable Snowman came to life. "I don't know, but I wanna find out."

Right then and there, Clary took off chasing after them. Simon reluctantly follows her as he yells, "Why follow the monster? Bad thing happen when you follow the monster! How do Sam and Dean do this?!"

Meanwhile as the police station, Alec argues with an officer at the front desk.

"Sir, I still don't-"

Alec cuts her off. "Look, I got a phone call from an Officer Taylor. She said that I signed on to press charges on my neighbor."

The police officer shook her head in confusion. "There is no Officer Taylor here. I have no idea what you're talking about."

Before Alec could go on, another cop from the office says to the front desk cop, "Hey, Kincaid, I think this guy is on crack."

"Why you say that?" She laughed.

"He's calling and screaming that the Abominable Snowman is running down the streets with a blonde boy and girl with black hair chasing it."

His report rang a bell in Alec's head. Blonde boy, he thought. Girl with black hair? Abominable Snowman?

"Oh, no." He says under his breath. "You gotta be kidding me."

Out in the town, only a handful of people witness the giant monster running down the street. Most of them froze in fear while other scream in terror.

Clary and Simon followed them, but they became too fast. At last, the two friends witnessed Izzy and Jace running into the ice rink, which was closed.

"They went in there." Clary points out.

"And they're not the only ones." Simon shakily reminds her. Both walk into the ice rink with their heart accelerating every second. The ice rink looked like a tornado had hit with glass on the floor, the concessions stand broken in half, and large scratches on the wall. "Holy crap." Simon gasped as the claw marks on the wall.

After passing through the crime scene, they stopped at the ice. In the middle of the ice rink were Jace and Izzy. "What are they doing?" Clary whispers to her friend.

Izzy held the book in front of her like a weapon, ready to open it. "Are they gonna read it a story or something?" Simon replies.

They carefully step onto the ice. "Jace?" Clary whispers aloud to them. "Izzy?"