Blackmail

Chapter 13

                         •••

       He left just like that, jumped down the window of a two story high house.

I didn't care if he died jumping or had survive the fall. He's gone that's it but not for long.

And he forgot to untie me. I had to use my freaking mouth to do his suppose to be job.

My teeth were in pain after I released my hands.

Mom arrived after, with baby Denise and Dad.

Masked boy was so certain that I wouldn't tell mom or dad and go to the police station and report him.

And I was more certain that he wasn't done with me.

And besides, I had no proof that he came into my house. Especially that he was wearing a mask. The house was normal the way it was before.

And, I was now properly dressed in going downstairs to greet my unsuspecting family.

~~~~~
At dinner, I was barely touching my food.

"Sweetie. Is something wrong? Is the food not good?" Mom snapped me out of my jumbled thoughts.

"Uh N-no. It's good. I'm sorry, I was just thinking." I grab a piece of chicken and place it in my plate.

She smiled and continued feeding Denis.

Dominic looks up from his salad to me. His eyes asking me what's wrong.

I shook my head, dismissing him.

After dinner, I did not join my family who were watching the cartoon movie inside out. Monday night was our family night because during Sunday, after mass mom and dad would go back to work.

I don't even know why.

Sunday should be a job break for adults.

A questions popped into my mind about Masked boy, 'What does he mean about 'do it his way'?' I mentally asked myself.

Once I entered my room, a vibration coming from my night stand sounded off.

I walk to it and saw that it was my phone. He must've picked it up when it fell on the ground as I ran for me dear life.

A message popped out.

Don't tell me this is from Blake again. I rolled my eyes.

My thumb slid through the screen to the messages.

From: Unknown

A picture was sent from unknown.

A loud gasp escape my lips when I saw the picture. Out of surprise, I dropped my phone to the floor. It banged loudly. Holy shots!

I stepped back.

Hard footsteps ascended on the stairs. My door was pushed open by someone.