Tony Stark - 'Secret Love Song'

So the Avengers and friends are having a party tonight. Or rather Tony is throwing the party and the rest are being dragged along with it.
Only difference is this time it's a 'posh' elegant party. This means fancy dresses and suits. I hate dressing up so I can already tell I'm not going to enjoy myself. But the real reason I'm detesting going; Tony Stark himself.

For months now we've been seeing each other, but only problem is it's been a secret from the whole team. Everyone thinks that him and Pepper are still together, and yeah they are. Yeah I know it's wrong to continue to see him as its technically cheating, okay no technically about it, we are cheating. But I can't help it. I just love him so much.

Anyway, so he obviously brought Pepper along as his date and me, well I was escorted by two 90 year old's that were just as excited to be here as me. But I will admit I did look good in my dress.

The party was currently in full swing and I was currently dancing with Steve

The party was currently in full swing and I was currently dancing with Steve. I was only dancing because Tony was dancing with Pepper and the jealous side of me wanted to show him what he was missing.

"You know if you stare any harder at Tony someone will notice" Steve states snapping me out of my trance.

"Sorry" I smile weakly.
"You know you dance good for someone who is 70 years out of practice"

"Thanks. I took lessons" He smiles.
"Why don't you just confront him about it?"

"You know I can't. I wasn't even supposed to tell you. Let alone confront him in front of all these people"

"Do it subtlety"

"Yeah sure. Thanks Rogers for the amazing advice" I smile at him.

"You do look beautiful tonight, so it's not surprising Tony hasn't been able to keep his eyes of you"

"Its just like the captain said you look stunning doll face" Bucky perks up suddenly cutting in so your dancing with him instead of Steve.

"Thanks Buck" Both Steve and I say at the same time. Steve's tone more annoyed than mine.

"Don't worry about Tony. I've already come up with a plan" Bucky smiles.

And that is how I came to be up on stage a microphone in front of my face. I glared at Bucky as he gave me a thumbs up. I saw Pepper whisper something in Tony's ear and I pretty sure it was something about me making a fool of myself. Gritting my teeth I decided I would stick it to both her and Tony.

Motioning for the band to start playing I began to sing:

When you hold me in the street
And you kiss me on the dance floor
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours

We keep behind closed doors
Every time I see you, I die a little more
Stolen moments that we steal as the curtain falls
It'll never be enough
It's obvious you're meant for me
Every piece of you, it just fits perfectly
Every second, every thought, I'm in so deep
But I'll never show it on my face

But we know this, we got a love that is homeless

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours

When you're with her, do you call her name
Like you do when you're with me? Does it feel the same?
Would you leave if I was ready to settle down?
Or would you play it safe and stay?

Boy you know this, we got a love that is hopeless

Why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours

And nobody knows I'm in love with someone's baby
I don't wanna hide us away
Tell the world about the love we're making
I'm living for that day
Someday

Why can't I hold you in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that we could be like that
Why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours, I'm yours

Oh, why can't you hold me in the street?
Why can't I kiss you on the dance floor?
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't it be like that? 'Cause I'm yours
Why can't I say that I'm in love?
I wanna shout it from the rooftops
I wish that it could be like that
Why can't we be like that? 'Cause I'm yours

Wish we could be like...that

The whole time I sang my song I made eye contact with him. It was as if I was singing the song just for him. My words obviously resonated without the whole room and A round of applause sounded as I stopped singing. Bucky and Steve had small tears in their eyes as they gave me thumbs up and blew soft cheesy kisses. But in all honesty I didn't really care about them, I was more interested in the look Tony's eyes currently held.

Bowing slightly I stepped off the stage and hurried over to Bucky and Steve.
"You were amazing!" Steve smiled pulling me into a hug.

"Do you think it worked?" I asked heart pounding.

"Definitely" Bucky stated nodding his head slightly to left. Turning around I saw Tony walking over to me.

"May I have this dance?" Tony asked extending his hand out to me.

"It'd be rude not to dance with the host of such a fine party" I smile taking his warm hand in mine.

Bucky and Steve smiled as we walked off hand in hand.
"How did you know that would work?" Steve asked

"Natasha suggested I watch movies to catch up on what I've missed. It worked in one of them" He replied before going back to watch Stark and I.

He lead me to the middle of the room and wrapped his hand around my waist. Placing my hand on his shoulder, we slowly began to sway in time to the music.
"You look beautiful tonight" He told me.

"Thank you. I feel rather uncomfortable though" I admitted.

"Why? If it's because everyone is staring, I wouldn't blame them. You looking stunning, and now we all know you can sing..." He smiled.

"Yeah. Well Bucky made me so...." I shrugged.

"Did you mean it?" He suddenly asked.
"I know that song was about us. I want to know if you meant it"

Staring up at his startling eyes, His soft cheeks with just the right amount of beard to give him the rough around the edges look I loved so much, his soft pale lips, I knew my answer.
"Yes." I whispered.
"I love you"

His said nothing. He just kissed me, right here on the dance floor.