Steve Rogers: Waiting pt.5

"It's been a week Buck. He hasn't spoken to me in a week"

"Give him time Dollface. You know he'll come around, you've got him wrapped round your little finger" Bucky teased trying, but failing, to cheer me up.

"Beside you should be happy. Roughly 5-6 more months and you'll have your own little own running around"

"How can I be happy Buck? Steve won't talk to me, all of my friends and family have long since died. In fact your the only one I have to talk to right now when all I want is Steve. No offence" I stated voice getting slightly raised.
I could decide wether I was angry or just heartbroken.

"None taken. But why don't you tell Steve this? Tell him what your feeling?"

"How? Do you want me to just walk over to him and go:
Hey Steve I think your being a big fat jerk. That I gave up my whole life for the minimalistic possibility that he hadn't died in the ice. I gave up the possibility of having a future so I could wait around and be part of his but he's ignoring me like a child, Like the child I'm carrying around inside of me right now. The child who he helped create the life off but hasn't tried to even talk to me about. That I'm now pregnant in a strange time zone and I'm all alone because he left me like that.
That even though I'm angry with him beyond belief all I want it to curl up in his arms and cry. That even though right now I don't like him, I'm hopelessly in love with him and just want him to be here with me.
Because I'm not sure I can do that Buck"

"You don't have to. You already did" Steve voice sounded from the doorway and I glared at Bucky.

"How long have you been there?" I asked.

"Longer than I think you would have liked" He sighed.
"Bucky, can we have a moment?"

"Sure Steve" He smiled getting up to leave. He purposely walked past me and placed a hand on my shoulder
"If you need me: Shout"

"Thanks Buck. I'll be fine" I smile back squeezing his hand.

Both Steve and I watched as Bucky left the room. Neither of us said anything until we saw him turn the corner at the end of the hall. Even then Steve still walked into the room shutting the door behind him. This was between the two of us. Just us, not all of Stark Tower.

"(Y/n)..." Steve began and I just couldn't take it. I couldn't hear what he had to say before I said what I needed to first. I was to scared to find out what he thought without first saying my defence.

"Steve I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the baby. I was scared how you were going to react, I mean look how you did? You blanked me out of your life for a whole week. I'm sorry I risked the life of our child to go into cryo-freeze, but a life without you isn't worth living. Even with a child" I blurted out before letting a soft tear leak from my eye.

In the time it took me to blink Steve was over by my side. His thumbs gently wiping away the tear from my cheeks.
"Sweetheart I'm so so sorry. I was just shocked. Shocked and angry. But in the past week I've realised something, when I came out the ice and they told me 70 years had passed I couldn't believe it. My first thought was of how much I missed you. How much I wished we could have had a life together. Then my next though was I just hoped you had been able to move on and have the life you deserved.

I never wanted you to wait for me and give up your life. I always wanted you to live the life you deserved then when I heard you had frozen yourself to wait for me......I wasn't sure what to think. But when I opened your door and you fell into my arms I was just grateful I could hold you again.

Then the whole baby thing. That still just boggles my mind. I can't believe we're going to have a baby and I think I'm just scared. Scared that I'll never be the dad the baby needs or the baby deserves.