Chapter 2: New Start

(Eric's POV)

The period was longer today than before. Oh that't right everyone is at the Pep-Ralley. Those over rate shows of pride is too much for me.

Outside the rain hits the window with such tenderness that it doesn't make even a splash. That's the best part of this place. Not that it always rains but that when it does, the rain is just perfect. It doesn't come down in great pours and it also doesn't go around in spot showers. It could be possible that the reason for this is that we are surrounded by twin mountains on the Rockies. Our exsact location is unkown since most people dont care to come here. The town is after all not that big. It only houses 85,000 people. Well 85,002 is the population as of right now.

Coming back from the trail, a black volvo rode into town. It was late at night but I could still see the driver's hand out the window and the sleeping passenger.

Their scent was sweet. Unlike other humans or even flowers, this scent was intoxicating. Almost like wolfsbane but in a richer tone. I must be crazy, how can I compare their scent with wolfsbane?

Anyways back to reality... wow . For a second there I had forgotten about my pain. Ahh. My throat still hurts. Yesterday I was ambushed by Nico and his little pack. I am strong enough to take Nico out but not his whole pack at once. Ugh. They wanted me to join them but like always I would never yield. So as a punishment for refusing them, all four literally shoved rocks down my throat. Let me tell you, that wasn't very pleasant. Especially because one of them had a shard of silver in it.

"Hey Eric, why didn't you go to the Pep-Rally?"

Wait? It's over already?

"Umm"

"Dude, the girls were awesome. "

Oh yeah let me introduce Jimmy. He talks even when I'm turned.

"Ugh sure."

Beeeeeeeeeep

Yes! Saved by the bell.

I don't mind him talking it's just that he does it excessively. I believe the reason for his transfers here was to anoy me.

"I'll see you later Jimmy."

With that I scram out of there.

"The scent"

I ignored my subconscious. Most times it only led me to dead or incomprehensible ends.

"THE SCENT!"

It cried out louder. Then just like that silence. I wondered where the voice had gone. Maybe it got tired of talking. Now that would be a surprise.

....

On my way to English I passed by the attendance office. Last week I was absent because of an emergency meeting our Alpha had with the Royals. Just to clarify, the Royals are just that. Well, technically they are alphas of alphas. No one is above them. Anyways, as you can see we also live human lives. So to keep up appearances we have to comply with their rules. That means I had to turn in an excuse from a fake doctor.

'It's here'

Ah I was wondering where you were. Then I froze. In front of me was ... was. Well I actually don't know who he is?

"Ah Eric, just the person I needed. Would you mind giving a tour to Mr Ashe here? He's new to town and to school here."

That was Mrs. Strangbottom. Yeah I know, she has a funny name.

I hesitated.

"Uh. Sure."

"There you go Ashe, he'll show you to your next class. Oh Eric, here's a pass for when you're finished."