Chapter 16: The Nightmare

~ Narrator~

With a quick snap Kyle bolted up right. Drenched in his own sweat he looked around in a desperate attempt to prove to himself that it was all, just a dream, and it was.

Still, he rubbed at his cheek trying to make that ghost pain go away. This was the first time his dream had caused him to feel real pain but that was to be expected. Unknowingly to him the shadow from behind the blinds plotted. It was it's desire to claim Kyle's power for his own but lacked the needed strength to steal something so grand without a fight.

Having calmed a bit, Kyle got up and headed to the bathroom. He couldn't possibly go back to sleep knowing such a mare was waiting to ride him.

He looked in the mirror after splashing some cold water on his face. Reality was finally creeping back in. The cold reminded him that it was all just a dream. Twisted as it was.

As he stare into his own reflection, Kyle began to question his own sanity. Hectic dreams, ghost pains, Arty.

From the beginning he knew that Arty wasn't there. It was all in his head, but it was a pleasant non-existence. Arty in his head was something that was actually helping him. After losing his past life Kyle was left with his own thoughts to haunt him. His subconscious created that being to help Kyle cary the load.

Then there were the dreams. Before everything happened Kyle eould dream of life. His life. Kyle would see very wonderful things. In his dreams Arty was something much more than a simple commentator. Even "he" was there.  A womderful couple for a wonderful young man like himself, kyle saw only happiness. Now, the world has turned upside down and he is forced to see the world for what it is. Cruel.

He stood in silence. His cheek still hurt from getting punched. Even if it were just a dream. And that is what made him question his sanity. For something to hurt you, one needs to give it the power to. Kyle had let his dreams torment him because he believed he deserved it but never would he had let his dreams physically hurt him.

With one final splash, Kyle washed away the doubt. Relaxed enough, he turned the lights off and headed back to bed. He would attempt to sleep but Kyle was simply no longer sleepy. So he just lay there in bed, contemplating on his own horrible thoughts.

He grabbed his phone and began to scroll. He had for his own reasons logged back into his old schools social network. As an anonymous user to check how things had changed.

It seemed not many things had changed. Blond bimbo Tammy Gibson was still a selfcentered jerk. You could tell by the tacky selfie she had taken with a bunch of her friends in leopard print outfits.

Kyle kept scrolling.  As he did Kyle saw everyone he knew from his old life. He knew there were fake people out there but so far he wasnt expecting everyone to not be real.

To explain, almost everyone here had claimed at one point to be Kyle's best friend.  He had gone back to the time since he left town and as expected, no one even noticed. There was no mention, not even a posing questiom of what happened to that creep.

Without warning the most cringworthy feeling made Kyle drop his phone on his chest. Then he begins to hear a shudder. From the other side of the bed Kyle can hear muffled moans and whimpers. With the same suddenty fear crept back into him. This time it was more potent. As if he wasnt feeling it for himself.

Then it his him. He wasn't feeling these things. It was just affecting him because those feelings were so potent in the person curlled up in that ball on the floor that it forced him to feel someone else's pain.

"Shit!" He whispered with urgency.

It finally hit Kyle. He wasn't alone. For a second there he had forgotten that two days ago he had braught back Cason and his friend to spend the holidays. When they arrived, one of the spare rooms was already taken up by the twins and the other by Tyler.

It was agreed that Cason would bunk with Tyler and Jace would take the couch. Kyle had forgotten for a second that he had also offere his own room to share with Jace.

As if on auto-pilot, Kyle's body rushed to Jace. A million things were going through his head. For example, what the hell was going on with his body, and why in the world was he feeling worried.

With doubt on his mind he approached and placed a hand on Jace's arm. It was cold, and for that something else to think about.

"Jace." He whispered as he rubbed Jace's arm to try and wake him.

Jace simply winced in his sleep and curled up even more. This caused Kyle to freak out a little. Did he just hurt Jace? He backed away an inch before being pulled back.

Again he whispered Jace's name, "please wake up."

He must not have woken up fully because Jace whispered back with a stutter, "please... Please.... Don't hurt me..."

A pain in his chest made Kyle almost double over. He could never hurt anyone. Well he could but Jace. Jace was different. Somehow Jace was out of the question. Something inside Kyle was driving him to and not away from Jace.

Without thinking he grabbed Jace with both arm and began to hug.
"Never."

Slowly Jace began to ease into the hug as he woke up completely. In Kyle's mind he began to question the reasons as to why his body was doing this. Yet, he didn't dare let go. Jace on the other hand, had taken one look at Kyle and realised that he shouldn't be afraid. Cason would never hurt him. He wasn't aware yet of how much the two were similar. So of course he confused Kyle with Cason.

Kyle at this point just went with it when his body decided to grab on to Jace and carry him over to the bed. He sat then both down as Jace simply rested his head on Kyle's chest. 

His mind kept telling him to run because it was such feelings that caused his fall the first time but something else deep inside was telling him to stay put.

As time passed, both boys began to feel the tug of sleep. Jace fell first, as he slide down on Kyle's arm and just laid next to him. Kyle, very carefully, also slid down wrapping his arm around Jace, holding him close as to asure him that he was safe with him.

Neither one knew it yet but something big had began to take root. Something that could not be stopped, no matter how flooded Jace was with his tears or how defended Kyle was with his walls.

Hope you guys enjoyed this new chapter. I have found myself with some extra time so I will be uploading a new one pretty soon. As always. Comment or like. Thanks! :)