Chapter 9: Blood Moon's Witch {PART 2}

JIMMY'S P.O.V.

I raced my car at an alarming speeds. I needed to get Kyle and get back to Eric's. 

"Hey slow down. We'll die before we even get there."Eric said in alarm.

I slowed as Kyle's house came into view. Lights where on inside and a few shadows could be seen moving around. We both got out and rang the bell. It was a while before the door swung open. In front of us stood a very attractive Kyle.

"You look ..." I started blushing again as I found myself speechless.

"Ready to go? " Eric finally broke the silence.

"Uh Yeah." Kyle sounded a bit nervous. I smiled at him and grabbed his hand.

"Don't worry. You look great." I told him softly.

I escorted Kyle to the back seat while Eric climbed into the passenger's seat. I looked at my watch and nearly fell over. We only had about 10 minutes.

After buckling in I turned up the speed. I was so nervous about everything that my mind raced too.

                     ...............

We pulled into Eric's drive way with only a few minutes to spare. My heart started to race. Eric got out first l, opened my door and helped me out. Kyle got out after me.

"Hey, it's going to be ok." Eric patted my back to reassure me. He gave me a small smile before handing me over to Kyle. I chuckled as I saw Kyle without the slightest hint of worry. No wait... There it is.  Nervousness in his eyes.

"Come."I told Kyle. Eric was already waiting for us on the front door steps. Now how should I go about doing this?

Eric nodded at me, reassuring me he would be there for me. I took Kyle's hand in mine and kissed him lightly on the back of his hand. Blood rushed to his cheeks.

"You ready? " Wait what?  I'm the one who's suppose to ask that not Kyle.

"Yeah... No. I'm just a bit nervous. "

I admitted. Not only could I possibly ruin my parents time here and have to move again but what if because of this the spirit woman decided not to bless me at my naming.

I gulped down hard and stepped inside. No one seem to notice us coming in. The actual ceremony hadn't started yet.

{Now the ceremony would start with the beginning of the blood moon. It would end at midnight. Ceremonies like things don't start at midnight like all those fiction book say. Although the point of greatest power is at midnight since the moon shines directly above us.}

"Eric! You made it. Hey Jimmy your parents were starting to get worried."

Lisa, Eric's mom, said to me. "Oh hey Kyle I didn't see you there. I'm glad you could come."

Wait. She knew Kyle?

"It's my pleasure to accompany Jimmy here." Kyle smiled at me. She gave him a warm hug before leaving us.

"Hey Jimmy, can we have a minute? "Eric asked dragging me away, not even waiting for my reply. "Did you jusy hear that? Tell me it wasn't just me. "

"Kyle knows your mom? How? "

"We have to find out how she knows him. Because remember when he gave me a ride home yesterday? Mom said'Thanks for bringing Eric home again! '. I don't ever remember him bringing me home before other than that. " Eric had a puzzled expression.

"Lets calm down. I'm sure it's nothing but in any case I'll see what I can find out from him."

I looked over at Kyle. Here seemed absolutely lost and confused.

"We better go back to him before something happens to him. "

"Hey Kyle we're back." He looked relieved. "Sorry we left you here alone. "

"No problem. I know why he had to talk to you and to a peace you I'll tell you how I know her. La..." Kyle was interrupted by the dimming of the lights.

"I'll tell you later."

He said.

"We are gathered here today, to drink to our mother." the spirit woman began."Today the blood moon will shine again like it hasn't in over a thousand years. Having the naming ceremony this coming weekend after the blood moon is a very good sign."

Everyone including Kyle listened intently. Then I spotted my parents. Great!

"It is time. ghom maH naDev DaHjaj. SoS batlh SoH. DubelmoHchugh offerings laj 'ej maHvaD Hoch DechtaHvIS. Satlho' be'vam 'ej reH legh boqta' maHvaD. SoH chech maH.(

We are gathered here today. To honor you our mother. Please accept our offerings and bless us all. We thank you for everything and for always watching over us. To you we drink.)" The spiritwoman raised her chalice and a bright red beam illuminated us all. Except Kyle. The light is suppose to enlighten our auras. Being sons and daughters of the blood moon all our auras were red. Humans were light pink, but not Kyle's. His aura was black. Like a flame it's base was black and its petals or tips were a light purple.

Kyle wasn't human. As we all set our cups down the light was finally cut. The spirit-woman thanked us.

"Wait. There is one here that is not like the rest of us. I would like a word with him."

We all turned to Kyle...

************************************

Part three is still to come. Please stay tuned for more. Comment, Rate, Share, and Add to read. Thanks.