Chapter 7: Kyle

Kyle's P.O.V.

The wind howled outside battering the house mercilessly. It was cold and damp. Mother had gone out to work again. After the first snow fall, followed a drowning rain.

After that day, a blizzard swept through the valley. The town was covered in a thick sheet of ice and snow. Thank the devine that it was the end of the week already. I was afraid I would have to deal with this bipolar weather much longer.

Tomorrow is monday. I dread the day. Last week I had let someone close. It was a mistake but I was taken by his nature. Never again. I am not weak.

I had avoided Jimmy and Eric where ever possible, even at school. Jimmy knew something about me that I shouldn't have told anyone. I needed a new start. As for Eric, well I was starting to like the kid, but I couldn't allow myself to indulge.

Anyways, ever since I've been here I feel different. My father's estate was substantial and I've spent these days exploring it all. So far I found nothing but a tower. Its door were locked ofcourse.

Wait, No I did find something. Through the unfenced forest I found a small hill that was hollowed and a small lab and green house was build inside. It was amazing. Inside were the most beautiful flowers I've ever seen. How can such things grow here and at this time?

I came here every day. At the very top was a small liabrary. It had books and scrolls with the most unusual markings on them. It was perfect. Although, the statues were a bit unnerving. Their eyes seem to follow me everywhere.

"There is one with green eyes, one with blue, one with red and one with gray eyed. Then there will be one with golden and one with silver eyes." I had chosen a book at random and it talked only about eyes. What kind of person wants to know about eyes?

"At the beginning there where six. Four elementals and two. Two who where above them all. As family they thrived." Now its getting interesting.

"For thousands of years they ruled their kingdoms, and for thousands of years they were fair. Until the human world waged war with itself. Having heard of the elementals the humans hunted them for their power, but they were let down.

The masters of the sky and forest would not help either one so the humans turned on their masters. In a secret vault they hid two eggs of their own flesh and blood. Each with the power of the old and each with the power to bring back the once noble race, but something went wrong.

Golden and Silver eyes could not escape the flood of men. Not without hurting them. The four then sacrifised themselves to save the two. Blood and bone build their sanctuary.

Unable to flee their prison the two gathered all their being and turned back time on themselves. They split their being into the saved eggs. One day they would rise again.

As the years passed the descendants of the the four were diluted and hope for the twos return was lost to myth."

My phone buzzed in my pocket.

'Hi Kyle.'

(Unknown Sender)

Who in this place was txting me?

'Who is this?'

My phone buzzed again

' Jimmy. I was wondering how you were doing?

-Jimmy

What do they want now? Surely I haven't given them any reason to look me up.

'uhm I'm good thanks'